Notices

I might lose my new dog

Old 10-14-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Originally Posted by dunkelheit View Post
I love this dog. I'll fight for her. With wolves, or humans, or whatever. I'm way more vicious than she is.
I hope you get your own medicine and condition sorted out, it is a big responsibility taking care of a pet be it dog cat or fish.

I hope you are sober now. I know I was a bad person to own a pet while I was drinking even if I meant well.

Good luck and I hope the dog gets better.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
And therein lies the problem...which you continue to completely ignnore.
I'm sober. This is just me. I probably just inherited the male aggression gene in my family. I'm not really that female. Trust, my anger pisses me off to a great extent. I pretty much make life-changing decisions on the spot.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Again, if one of y'all ladies wants to flame me, my inbox is open. We can discuss pet ownership rationally, as adults. Y'all better come up with a good excuse for being mad at me RESCUING a dog from a KILL shelter though.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

Guys,
This is the Newcomers forum.

It's meant to be a safe and welcoming place where people can talk candidly, but without fear or aggression.

If we all can't be civil and non threatening towards each other, I'll not hesitate to shut the thread down.

Dee
SR
Old 10-14-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Guys,
This is the Newcomers forum.

It's meant to be a safe and welcoming place where people can talk candidly, but without fear or aggression.

If we all can't be civil and non threatening towards each other, I'll not hesitate to shut the thread down.

Dee
SR
Wow, what are people saying? I'm not fast enough. Hah. PM if you're pissed. We can discuss the dog situation like adults.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Here's a photo to really get you riled up:
Old 10-14-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Rar

She's beautiful Dunkelheit. Is she a loving dog?
Old 10-14-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
She's beautiful Dunkelheit. Is she a loving dog?
Very. She's learned how to take me home. I was in the hospital a couple days ago because my foot is injured from the police chase, but she'll take me right home if I tell her to. Very intelligent dog. : )
Old 10-14-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

My post was to everyone, including you dunkelheit.

All that 'any of you ladies' stuff and 'PM me if you're pissed' is what I call 'a come at me bro' approach - and it invites a similar response in return.

That's called flame baiting and it's against our rules.

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.
I would have preferred not to have to explain myself again, but there ya go.

If posters are making you mad, use the ignore function, or report the post.

Dee
SR
Old 10-14-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I don't see why discussing an issue privately would be a problem. If people have concerns, then by all means, let's discuss those concerns.

I'm reading every post that doesn't get deleted by moderators. I want to see those critical posts too.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I don't see why discussing an issue privately would be a problem. If people have concerns, then by all means, let's discuss those concerns.

I'm reading every post that doesn't get deleted by moderators. I want to see those critical posts too.
This is a public forum and everyone here is more than willing to discuss the issues that surround out sobriety, and yours. You originally came here with some very serious issues and even just a few days ago you were temporarily instituionalized due to a potentially deadly assault you committed. You now want to discuss nothing but a dog you have had for 2 days. Do you not see the disconnect? We cannot help you if you ignore the problem.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
This is a public forum and everyone here is more than willing to discuss the issues that surround out sobriety, and yours. You originally came here with some very serious issues and even just a few days ago you were temporarily instituionalized due to a potentially deadly assault you committed. You now want to discuss nothing but a dog you have had for 2 days. Do you not see the disconnect? We cannot help you if you ignore the problem.
I don't see any disconnect actually. My ex knows I have problems, but he also knows that I love my pets. I tried to stab him once while I was trying to relocate my rats with me. I love my pets so much. I still love my ex too. He's the light of my life.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I don't see any disconnect actually. My ex knows I have problems, but he also knows that I love my pets. I tried to stab him once while I was trying to relocate my rats with me. I love my pets so much. I still love my ex too. He's the light of my life.
I hope that he'll let me come home eventually, once his physio is done and such. I really want to come home. My fish is still at the apartment. He isn't taking good care of the fish. When I came home to change the water, all my plants were dead. The day I got arrested, I cleaned the fish tank, and fed the fish treats. Like, I'm not that bad of a person. I love hard.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:07 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

This thread is closed.

D