Notices

Class of September 2015 Part 5

Old 08-30-2017, 05:21 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Hello, JD! I'm still here and sober! Doing well! Hope you are too. I can't believe it's been almost two years. Life is certainly better without the booze. So many great things have happened since and I can actually enjoy them and be grateful. Dee is right. I mostly hang around my original 2014 October class since no one but you, I, or Dee posts here.

So how's things? What major things have you accomplished this past year? Any more mountains?
Old 08-30-2017, 08:14 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Hello, JD! I'm still here and sober! Doing well! Hope you are too. I can't believe it's been almost two years. Life is certainly better without the booze. So many great things have happened since and I can actually enjoy them and be grateful. Dee is right. I mostly hang around my original 2014 October class since no one but you, I, or Dee posts here.

So how's things? What major things have you accomplished this past year? Any more mountains?
Hey there. Life had been great. I was out in your neck of the woods in July on an 8 day backpacking trip in the White mountains of New Hampshire. I took my stepson with me and it was the first time he's ever done anything like that. We had a great time.

Yea, sept of 2015 didn't seem to be a good time to quit drinking with just us making it this far. If I remember we both have the same anniversary date of the 14th. We're almost two years which is really quite an accomplishment. I'm ready glad you're still here.

I haven't been on SR much but as I got closer to the two years I remembered what a great site this is. It's been helpful to so many and I see many of the names I remember from when I first started There really are great people here. I'm going to try to hang around a little more.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Yep, the 14th is our day. Two years is a major accomplishment. I don't want to minimize that in any way. What a difference my life is these days. I sometimes can't even believe it.

SR is a great place. I just wish the app was still working. It's not as easy for me to read some posts and reply to get that instant inspiration.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:55 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  
JD

Yeah, two years is really great. But it seems like it's gone really fast. When we first started this journey two years would have seemed like forever. But I know I'm much more engaged with my family, life, and passion than I was and as you keep hearing here, it really does get better.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
JD

Congratulations Arbor! We've made it two years. I hope there are others in this class who have made it too, but are no longer active on SR.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:22 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations to both you guys

D
Old 09-13-2017, 04:54 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
JD

Thanks D
Old 09-13-2017, 06:49 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee!

Thanks, JD!! Feels good, eh? Can't believe it's been that long.