New beginnings

Old 10-08-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New beginnings

It turned out to be a good day and I'm so very thankful. It started out rough, I couldn't keep the tears from flowing so I let them, even over breakfast with my cousin I cried and she cried with me. My sweet cousin was such an encouragement. She said that today being the 8th was very symbolic. The number 8 is the number of rebirth and new beginnings and ironically is also my "birth"day. She hugged me when we finished our 3 hour breakfast (what a blessing of her time) telling me how brave she thinks I am and how proud of me she is. It meant so much since I've been feeling like a failure.

From there I went to the courthouse shedding a few more tears while driving, but when I went before the judge and answered all of her questions and I was just fine; I was very composed and sure of myself - another something I'm thankful for.

Afterwards my best friend took me for a birthday ice cream and gave me a little gift. She is soo good to me! From there we went shopping and I bought a black dinner dress for next weekend -- I have a dinner theatre date -- eek!

And of course, I had my hair done today. I love my hairdresser. She has been doing my hair and the boys hair for 10-12 years. She is a classic southern hairstylist that knows me very well. I love her to pieces and she spoiled me today -- really, she does every time I see her, but it felt extra good this evening.

So, I'm divorced, its my re-birthday full of new beginnings, all of the wonderful SR folks uplifted me with wonderful wisdom, and I was happily spoiled all day today. I'm exhausted, but I couldn't feel better!
Old 10-08-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Could not have been smiling bigger reading your words!!!! Incredibly happy for you abd your blessings, Katchie. Wishing you nothing but the best!
Old 10-08-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I do have to add something. ALL 4 of my sons remembered (all 4!!!) my birthday calling and texting me about it, while 2 of those 4, the 2 that live with me, bought me a card that was by far the sweetest card they've ever given me, as was their hand written messages inside. So...I did shed a few more tears after reading that late this evening, but they were happy, love filled tears. I love my boys! They don't know how much they blessed me today ;-)
Old 10-08-2015, 09:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

One door closes, another opens wide. I hope you like what you see through the new door.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So happy for yoU!
Old 10-09-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Katchie, I am happy for you, also.
You are NOT a failure....not by a long shot!!!!!!!!!!!

dandylion
Old 10-09-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy new life Katchie--you deserve it.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

YAY Katchie! It finally gets to be ALL ABOUT YOU! You've earned it!!
Old 10-09-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

This makes me think of this great song and video I love so wanted to share!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckJpZZYI7qw

it is called I believe by Christina Perri in case you haven't heard it. I love listening to it loudly in my car
Old 10-09-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Quite the incredibly journey, Katchie!
Old 10-09-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uplifting View Post
This makes me think of this great song and video I love so wanted to share!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckJpZZYI7qw

it is called I believe by Christina Perri in case you haven't heard it. I love listening to it loudly in my car
I love that song and sing it loudly whenever I play it too! It's one of many that have taken their turn being a summary of my feelings. Sometimes finding a song like that and singing it helps me get out emotions I can't always express.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great post! Sounds like a healing day. I hope you have fun at the dinner theatre, those are so fun!

XXX