Notices

New need help

Old 10-08-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question New need help

I am new at this so forgive me if I don't get it right. I am desperate to get my life back in some form and quit pretending that all is well with me. I am a new amputee of my leg and a survivor of cancer all in 3 years Need someone to talk to that can understand a little of what I am going through.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Ringo!! You'll find loads of support here on SR!!
Old 10-08-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Those are some HUGE challenges and they're sure issues I don't know about personally - yet can imagine the grief and the fear and the loss and the despair that might accompany them.... and so I can relate to grief and fear and loss and despair.

And I can DEFINITELY relate to the desire to change my life for the better and to do so through the choice of sobriety.

So, in that regard... I'm here for ya!

Old 10-08-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, and welcome, Ringo. As a new person with an amputation, you should be involved in some pretty intense physical rehab, be sure to rely on your therapists and any support services available to you. They will set you up with support groups, you will meet other people in your situation as well as help you return to full function through any means available. It's a huge life change for sure, but no longer the handicap it used to be thanks to technology.

That being said, this is a great place to be if you are looking for help with sobriety. I can't even speak to the experience and brilliance on this site. SO glad you found us, and stay strong, and post often.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi ring, glad you found the site. Welcome to SR. You will find a large spectrum of experiences here
Old 10-08-2015, 10:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, ringo63! I'm glad you found us here.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ringo - welcome

whatever challenges you face, you'll find plenty of folks here who empathise

I'm glad you've found us

D
Old 10-09-2015, 12:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum Ringo.

Life has thrown everyone here some challenge in one form or another so we know what it's like to need some support. Please post here whenever you need it.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Ringo
Old 10-13-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Today is a rough day for me. Having a lot of pain and hate to take anything for it. I have tried so hard to just stay in the moment, but right now I sure wish I was some place else. Sure wish I had a handful of people in my pocket that have what I need right now.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Ringo
I'm so sorry you are hurting. I won't try to say that I understand what you are going through with respect to your amputation, but I am a cancer survivor as well. And I lost my husband to cancer 4 years ago this month. So I guess I'm saying I know loneliness and pain...physical and emotional. I have had a lot of traumas in my life (as most of us have) and I know that alcohol only makes them worse. Are there any support groups you can attend?

Regarding the physical pain, I think if you aren't abusing your meds taking something to ease the pain isn't something you should feel badly about. I don't know your situation however so you are obviously the best judge. Even some ibuprofen can really help inflammation...sorry if that's a stupid suggestion. Drinking is obviously a bad choice. But responsibly using a pain med is a different issue. Hang in there. Glad you're here.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Ringo. Welcome.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ringo63 View Post
Today is a rough day for me. Having a lot of pain and hate to take anything for it. I have tried so hard to just stay in the moment, but right now I sure wish I was some place else. Sure wish I had a handful of people in my pocket that have what I need right now.
I think you will find them here
Old 10-13-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

SR is here 24/7 hang in there Ringo