Difficult Day

Old 10-09-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by alybally View Post
I want to quit trudging and I want to skip and frolic again through each day.
Go and have a practice skip and frolic on the principle of fake it 'til you make it.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I would be honored if you repeated my words, Hawkeye! I keep a sobriety journal and it is full of words of wisdom from the wonderful people here at SR!!
Old 10-10-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

But at my age, that is never going to happen now.
Aww, I have been following your thread and am sorry for your pain; like other posters I truly believe (1) He isn't worth your energy and (2) More importantly, TIME WILL HEAL, and (3) You are better off without him. Still, I know the pain and anger are quite real and powerful and am sorry you are in them now.

But this age thing - No way! People can and do find love in their 70s, 80s, 90s. I doubt you're in that age group. My dad passed away in 2011. My mom is in her 80s. She found a new guy. She's having fun. Keep your heart open, when you're ready.

::hugs::
Old 10-10-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Whoops! I just realized I mistakenly got the stories of two different posters mixed up. Had to delete my post. I didn't make any sense!
Old 10-10-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 53500 View Post
Aww, I have been following your thread and am sorry for your pain; like other posters I truly believe (1) He isn't worth your energy and (2) More importantly, TIME WILL HEAL, and (3) You are better off without him. Still, I know the pain and anger are quite real and powerful and am sorry you are in them now.

But this age thing - No way! People can and do find love in their 70s, 80s, 90s. I doubt you're in that age group. My dad passed away in 2011. My mom is in her 80s. She found a new guy. She's having fun. Keep your heart open, when you're ready.

::hugs::
Thank you. It's just very hard when you love some one to this extent and then they betray you. I miss him every day.