Notices

determined

Old 09-03-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

determined

Hi all,

Am back after two of my hardest drinking weeks ever. This is the end of day 1 and usually I would be getting cravings but due to the pains and sickness the last few days I am 100% determined.

One of my friends said about my daughter visiting my at my grave side and it really hut home.

One thing I was wondering I got my lft back today and they were fine. Better than they were 6 months ago when I was not drinking as much so am sure they are wrong.

Do you think I should go back in a month and get them re tested or just say there fine and get on with it? Positive they are not fine but doctor said they were today.

Thanks for your help and hope all is well.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Tambdy

One of your friends mentioned your daughter visiting your grave.

I think if someone said that to me I wouldn't consider "getting on with it " as an option
Old 09-03-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno, I think you have more pressing things than your lfts to worry about Tambdy.

What's your plan to stay quit - any ideas?

D
Old 09-03-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good to have you back, Tambdy. I came back here because of my daughter too, and for myself, so we can both have a better life.

I hope you work out a plan that works for you. Wishing you well,

Delfin
Old 09-04-2015, 12:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Hi Tambdy

One of your friends mentioned your daughter visiting your grave.

I think if someone said that to me I wouldn't consider "getting on with it " as an option
Sorry I don't get what you mean.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

[QUOTE=Dee74;5541482]I dunno, I think you have more pressing things than your lfts to worry about Tambdy.

What's your plan to stay quit - any ideas?

D[/QUOTE

Hi Dee

Walks gym working overtime etc.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by Delfin View Post
Good to have you back, Tambdy. I came back here because of my daughter too, and for myself, so we can both have a better life.

I hope you work out a plan that works for you. Wishing you well,

Delfin
Thanks buddy
Old 09-04-2015, 12:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Time to get serious tambdy, you can do this.
An honest question here, do you think taking walks, going to the gym and working overtime is going to be sufficient to keep you from drinking again? It may try well be and only you know that. You might want to consider adding in some addiction specific therapies to the mix. Some suggestions would be AA or other face to face, meeting based recovery groups, seeing a psychologist who specializes in addiction or talking to your doctor about medication options.
Lastly, I suggest sticking close to SR, it is a real source of support during tough moments.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Time to get serious tambdy, you can do this.
An honest question here, do you think taking walks, going to the gym and working overtime is going to be sufficient to keep you from drinking again? It may try well be and only you know that. You might want to consider adding in some addiction specific therapies to the mix. Some suggestions would be AA or other face to face, meeting based recovery groups, seeing a psychologist who specializes in addiction or talking to your doctor about medication options.
Lastly, I suggest sticking close to SR, it is a real source of support during tough moments.
Hi Meraviglioso

I have a number for a councillor too so going to call them and see what they say.

The walks etc will help I only drink when I am bored so instead going for alcohol I will go do something else.

Only time will tell but am feeling positive.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Tambdy there are aa or smart mtns get on a recovery programme bud it saved my life it will save yours too

I've spoke with sober happy tambdy before I'm here if you want to talk bud
Old 09-04-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Tambdy there are aa or smart mtns get on a recovery programme bud it saved my life it will save yours too

I've spoke with sober happy tambdy before I'm here if you want to talk bud
Thanks buddy, I will continue speaking to you a lot mate. First friend on Sr and your always there to help.

Getting my daughter tonight and feeling happy/positive so onwards and upwards.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi.

This path to recovery is one step at a time and requires much effort and work. When I was wishy washy the results were nil. I needed some mind implants of some facts like alcoholism is powerful, cunning, baffling and insidious, never forgetting very progressive. Left to my own devices I always lost and made promises to myself which turned to vapor when I felt just a bit better and convinced myself this time it would be better and usually it was as bad or worse. That was part of my insanity which is not unique.

I/we need to become honest about my drinking and accept the fact we cannot drink in safety. It’s that simple, not that easy at times. Biting the bullet and work staying on the sobriety path is a project that can end up with a wonderful life thereafter IF we let it!

It takes using many suggestions heard around here especially the ones we don’t want to that work for others.

BE WELL