Notices

Forgiveness:_first_day_of_treatment

Old 08-31-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Forgiveness:_first_day_of_treatment

How ironic that on my first day of treatment the topic was forgiveness. This topic really hit home with me, and the one thing that I haven't started to do concerning myself. Looking myself in the mirror...what's that about? I do it to shave because I have to. I look to make sure there is nothing on my face before I leave in the morning to start my day. I don't and can't for anything else. Forgiving oneself for all the lying and destruction is most definitely a tall task. It's easier to forgive someone else than it is yourself is very true and realistic I learned. Sometimes I do think about how much hate and dislike I have towards myself and my addiction. All the pain I've inflicted on my family I feel like I'll never be able to forgive myself. I know I need to and I'm sure I'll eventually get there to begin forgiving myself. Time , I'd say a lot of time will be needed to heal all that I've done. In a way I feel as that today was a blessing as I needed to hear a lot about this topic especially being my first day.

I thought it was an interesting day overall. Met some pretty cool people and listened mostly. It's amazing how much you learn about other people and everyone's vice of choice. I learned a lot about myself as well. As I don't use the word often, but today was blessed.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

#Awesome
Old 08-31-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by getright15 View Post
How ironic that on my first day of treatment the topic was forgiveness. This topic really hit home with me, and the one thing that I haven't started to do concerning myself. Looking myself in the mirror...what's that about? I do it to shave because I have to. I look to make sure there is nothing on my face before I leave in the morning to start my day. I don't and can't for anything else. Forgiving oneself for all the lying and destruction is most definitely a tall task. It's easier to forgive someone else than it is yourself is very true and realistic I learned. Sometimes I do think about how much hate and dislike I have towards myself and my addiction. All the pain I've inflicted on my family I feel like I'll never be able to forgive myself. I know I need to and I'm sure I'll eventually get there to begin forgiving myself. Time , I'd say a lot of time will be needed to heal all that I've done. In a way I feel as that today was a blessing as I needed to hear a lot about this topic especially being my first day.

I thought it was an interesting day overall. Met some pretty cool people and listened mostly. It's amazing how much you learn about other people and everyone's vice of choice. I learned a lot about myself as well. As I don't use the word often, but today was blessed.
This is a great post.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That sounds like a great place to start!
Old 09-01-2015, 02:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad to hear your day went well! Sounds like you're going to dive right in and you are engaged in the process. Awesome attitude. Continue to embrace the opportunity. Thanks again for sharing!
Old 09-01-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

very cool
Old 09-01-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Fantastic Getright!! You can do this!!
Old 09-01-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks! Taking it one day at a time.

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Fantastic Getright!! You can do this!!