Notices

Class of September 2015

Old 09-12-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Day 14 for me, can't believe I have lasted 2 weeks. I am beginning to think I am going to succeed this time!
Old 09-12-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Made it through a week. Sunday morning and Day 8. So far it has been quite easy, in fact my easiest attempt so far; wonder why? I know that there will be really hard times ahead.

Today I have a business meeting and then nothing. Theoretically I also have a cocktail party. I bought the ticket 2 weeks ago and it was expensive, a classy restaurant. The day after I bought it I knew I wouldn't be going as its on a Sunday and not a Saturday as I thought. Not drinking on a Sunday is/was one of my rules I use/used to keep my self in check as much as possible. Still hate wasting money. Thing is I never drink cocktails anyway.

Feels great to be up and sober on a Sunday. I feel so refreshed. The first Sunday I've not been hungover since sometime in May.
Old 09-12-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

Think of the money as an investment in your recovery Midton

congrats on 14 days carebear

I'm glad you're back FABL. Rem,ember we're always here - if you want to fight those thoughts, get some reinforcements here

D

D
Old 09-12-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee... I need to hear that. Sometimes I feel so foolish that I'm still struggling here.

On a good note, I just beat a tough craving. Night to myself at home ahead and I'm driving home from dinner and a movie with my mom. Wine.
Perfect. No kids. No one will know. Stop at the store alone, drink alone. Then I thought, really? Again? It's only day 2. I breathed deeply, I thought of my previous sleep and how I cherish my clear, sober thoughts. I thought of you guys here on SR and how we are all supporting each other and working through this addiction. I cried And I changed my mind. I would've posted or read, but I was driving.

Very grateful. Now I just need to do this again and again and again so I build those sober muscles back up!!
Old 09-12-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Day 6
House is clean. Thank you, sobriety. Could have been hungover and/or drinking the day away.
Saw people having mimosas this morning. I was jealous.
Got an invite to join friends for beers outside this evening. Felt sad.
Still sober. Feel good.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Wrapping up day 7 here. I did jacksh!t all day and it was glorious! I did not clean my house as I should have but instead read a book and watched tv and ate good food and surfed this site. Tomorrow I will be more productive

Night all! Hope everyone has good sober dreams.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Well its Saturday evening. Didn't go for a drive as I found out the town I was thinking of visiting was having a jazz festival. I thought, nah better not. So I went and saw the Avengers and picked up some food. Very safe. My daughter decided to come home tonight rather than stay at her dad's so I won't be alone....although she's having friends over.

So another night of Netflix and reading. All is well. Hope everyone is having a sober evening.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

It makes me happy to see you guys racking up the days. Well done.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I'm through Day 6 - no cravings today, which made things a lot easier. I had a decent day, worked hard on some cleaning, organizing, paperwork and laundry and spent time with the kids. Kind of a typical Saturday for me. I did make it to yoga, which was awesome. Only bad thing is that I've been really, really tired lately. It's been a full 6 days since I had any wine, so I think it might be due to allergies. I've been having bad allergies this summer, especially the last few weeks - I heard it's ragweed pollen time around here that's most likely the culprit. No worries, I'll get through. Beats a hangover any day of the week
Old 09-12-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Meeting over new client bagged. Then had time to pick up my son from his football practice (the number of times I did this bloated and hungover). Came home and am just about to enjoy a healthy lunch.

I'm theorising that my relatively easy first week was down to me quitting sugar just over 3 weeks ago. I usually do thing the other way about I quit alcohol then quit other things I perceive at bad. This time I quit all processed sugar, bread, pasta and even my beloved pizza. I also reduced my fruit and upped my greens. I got over the sugar craving before attempting to quit alcohol.

Could be wrong but something's easing me into it this time.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:55 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Great job, everyone. Wrapping up day 4 here on the west coast. Had a nice dinner with friends. They had a glass of wine and i had my sparkling water. Speaking of which, when I don't drink I'm always surprised by how little most folks Drink. I would have easily had 3 or 4 drinks over the course of the night, while they each only had 1 or 2! See you tomorrow!
Old 09-12-2015, 11:10 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Dropping in here to say my hellos. First time posting in this thread. Was directed here from my "New to Recovery" post. Today was day 4 for me. Felt good and had a lot of energy today. Got home, ate, and new I had to come back to SR to post, interact, and read. This is the most effort I have put into quitting. I have big things in my life coming up and I know I need the clearest head I can have because I need to work hard to get what I want and I enjoy life more when I am sober.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:22 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to the thread flaco
Old 09-13-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Juno11 View Post
Only bad thing is that I've been really, really tired lately. It's been a full 6 days since I had any wine, so I think it might be due to allergies. I've been having bad allergies this summer, especially the last few weeks - I heard it's ragweed pollen time around here that's most likely the culprit. No worries, I'll get through. Beats a hangover any day of the week

I have allergies too. Have you ever noticed that your allergies get better when you stop drinking? I know that mine significantly improve. Just another bonus to sobriety. I guess my body can protect itself better when I'm not forcing it to work overtime ridding itself of alcohol. They don't entirely go away but I don't suffer constantly or have to eat antihistamines like candies.

Just realized that I jumped ahead of myself. Today is day 7, not yesterday.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Welcome flaco to the forums and to the class!
Old 09-13-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Day 14 for me as well. Not much to report. Having super stomach problems and headaches which I hate because I'd love to feel healthier after quitting but alcohol kind of regulated my really messed up digestive system, without it I suffer from chronic bloating, constipation and headaches. Go figure. Oh well, it isn't worth it and ill keep trying to find natural ways to fix the problem. Keep well all.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:23 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations to all on your milestones whatever day it is
Hope you feel better soon Kinzuko
Old 09-13-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Good morning and happy Sunday. Glad to see so many of us doing well, getting through cravings, reading , cleaning and finding ways to relax without alcohol.
Up bright and early this rainy Sunday. Feeling ultra committed and just hoping that lasts through the late afternoon hours when I struggle the most. Sundays are tough for me for me. It's like I don't want the weekend to end so I almost drink "at" the fact that that its over, and ultimately ruin the week ahead by beginning it with a hangover. So insidious.

Hope everyone has a great day - lets lean on each other for support when we need it. We all know it's never "one drink " or "one day, and it's never, ever worth it.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

For anyone new here...we usually close threads at about 500 posts..it makes things manageable.

The thread continues on though - please join us for part 2 here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

D