Notices

Don't want to relapse...

Old 08-28-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So much said in the words above.
MM
Old 08-28-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

TomSteve - so funny that you should quote that part of the BB. My AA home group and the first one I walked in, we have a "group conscious" that whenever there is a new person, we read the first couple of pages of that section of the book. It really helps in that a lot of people that first walk into the meeting (me included) aren't even really sure why we're there! Reading that section is a good reminder.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Lola - congratulations on 90 days. You're doing a great job. These patches happen from time to time, and the important thing is to be aware and vigilant which is what you are doing by bringing your concerns forward. In my own experience I have found that each one of these times has been an opportunity to deepen my resolve for sobriety. Sometimes that's been changing the plan. Sometimes it's been adding or removing things from the plan. And sometimes it's been making no changes other than taking a fresh, new look at what's been working and reconnecting with it through a more deliberate practice that takes me to a new level of depth and understanding.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lola23 View Post
TomSteve - so funny that you should quote that part of the BB. My AA home group and the first one I walked in, we have a "group conscious" that whenever there is a new person, we read the first couple of pages of that section of the book. It really helps in that a lot of people that first walk into the meeting (me included) aren't even really sure why we're there! Reading that section is a good reminder.
i will say i can relate to them thoughts. when the fog lifted they wouldpop up now and then. drove me crazy(er) a few times. im greatful i didnt completely fry my brain and remebered then as i donow( although i dont remember what i had for dinner last night, but i know it wasnt alcohol) quite a bit of what alcohol did for and to me.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You can do this Lola!! . . . Keep pushing forward!!