Notices

Opiate detox questions

Old 09-10-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I wanted to login and say hi, booked the honeymoon so things have taken on a new sense of urgency with the taper, I know I have around 6 weeks to get down to zero. Time to update the plan.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Do your best

Were here GS you can do this bud
Old 04-24-2016, 08:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
GS123 you are amazing! Don't you dare allow your brain to tell yourself you are worthless and that you will never feel good and happy again off the pills! It's your AV lying to you! Your addictive voice doesn't want you to believe you can live your life off your DOC. It wants you to stay stuck on it. So it lies to you to keep you on it.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. But withdrawal isn't going to be fun. Nope. It's going to feel terrible and you are going to be running to the bathroom. But the good news it's temporary. It's only 6 to 10 days....and for most people 5 days max to get thru the acute symptoms. I'm talking about faster acting opiates though....not sub or methadone.

Then after those few days it's over! Done! That's when the hard part begins. Getting thru the cravings. But if, like you mentioned, your mind says it's done with opiates then that time can be a beautiful period for you of living again.

I remember when I first got off the pills two years ago I was amazed at how beautiful the world looked to me. I was seeing it again for the first time without the fogginess of pills. It was so much brighter than I had ever remembered and the colors of the grass, sky and well everything appeared so vivid and radiant. Doing things for the first time was so exciting too. I suddenly felt like getting into some of my old hobbies I had set aside while under the haze of the pills. I laughed again! That's right, these damn opies steal our laughter! So actually recovery is a beautiful time! At least it was for me. Anybody else feel that way?

Trust me it's so worth it...getting thru those rough 5 or 6 days of withdrawal to get to the other side. There is a gorgeous, exciting, colorful life waiting for you on the other side. Trust me...it's there....just grab on for those few days and believe me you will not regret it for a second!
That was amazing.. I know this is a very old post but it really is inspirational I'm going into day 3 of withdrawal and that made me really smile for the first time in a few days!
Old 04-24-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR regretoxygirl

D