Notices

Long-term goals in recovery?

Old 08-29-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hope it has been a beautiful day
Old 08-30-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Yes it's been a beautiful day indeed, both the wedding day and today There was really nothing too complex or complicated about the whole thing (something I would have dreaded when younger). We think that the ceremony and the organization were superb, but we did spend quite some time arranging these beforehand. Like I mentioned before, I prefer not to go into specifics, but have absolutely no inhibition to share that this has been one of the most memorable weekends of my life

I will share something probably more relevant to this forum. My (now) husband has extensive experience with drugs of abuse: first hand, as a researcher, and as a clinician as well. The sad part of the "first hand" was his first marriage to a woman who was a drug addict and died of the same (overdose) ~3 years into their marriage, nearly 20 years ago. He has been researching drug abuse ever since -- just like me in the past several years He sent this music video to me about a year ago, saying that I could have been the woman in it, again, but he is now hopeful that I won't.

For those of you that are versed in psychology, you probably see how his motivation towards me started and what drove it... and of course there is also a "counter-reaction" on my end, and both of these have clearly fueled our relationship. But there is also a lot more to it in the present and more is coming
Old 08-30-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aellyce View Post
Hi everyone,

Yes it's been a beautiful day indeed, both the wedding day and today
That is a lovely report in itself, Aellyce.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

May you have many happy years ahead of you!
Old 08-31-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Do your best

Aellyce
Old 08-31-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

so much, friends!

We both are back to work today and it's been a busy day for me but I managed to finish early and his last patient of the day canceled so we'll meet up soon. Also, we plan to do some cool work collaborations in the future as our professional fields are highly overlapping, some of which have already started. But have a strong mutual deal to not take much work home