Notices

Class of August 2015

Old 08-08-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Olivia, the funny thing is, it has to do with both. I feel she discourages me from getting involved with AA, especially when she knows how I've struggled with drinking. Misery loves company maybe. Or she doesn't really want me to quit drinking, which sends me off into outer space. Anyway, frustrated, when this could all be going so much more easily with a simple change in attitude. Anyway, thx
Old 08-08-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hi all. New member checking in. Skipping a BBQ today to avoid temptation. This weekend is going by so slowly...
Old 08-08-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Checking in. My excuse, saying to others going forward is that I don't drink anymore because it was getting in the way of my goals. And it was in so many ways. Understand about feeding the BAHT, etc with food, I splurged on rich lobster stew and a Cesar salad for lunch. I can spend more on good food not buying several drinks and can eat more calories because it's still way less than how many drinking was adding on daily, this is a solid group and everyone is putting in a great effort-let's all stick to the plan so our class can go on and on!!!
Old 08-08-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rio97 View Post
Olivia, the funny thing is, it has to do with both. I feel she discourages me from getting involved with AA, especially when she knows how I've struggled with drinking. Misery loves company maybe. Or she doesn't really want me to quit drinking, which sends me off into outer space. Anyway, frustrated, when this could all be going so much more easily with a simple change in attitude. Anyway, thx
I had a few friends, I mean drinking buddies, that said they were happy for me when I quit drinking, but then later offer me a drink and get cranky with me when I refused. Either they were mad that I was bringing attention to their own alcohol consumption or they were upset that they were loosing "a friend".
Old 08-08-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bookmaven View Post
I had a few friends, I mean drinking buddies, that said they were happy for me when I quit drinking, but then later offer me a drink and get cranky with me when I refused. Either they were mad that I was bringing attention to their own alcohol consumption or they were upset that they were loosing "a friend".
I see, bookmaven. The maddening thing is, she's several years sober. But she's acting exactly like your friends, so this is making more sense.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for part 2 of this thread guys - find it here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...15-pt-2-a.html

D