Notices

I don't know what to title this

Old 08-02-2015, 01:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff GS
Old 08-02-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Checking in again - I am doing better than yesterday! I love this site. Every time I am ready to use I login here and read and it gives me so much strength to hold off and keep trying. My mindset has changed so much already, I just have no interest in using to be high, I am trying to minimize the withdrawal but I finally feel like I am making progress lowering dosages, feels good!
Old 08-02-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey GS, welcome. I never used opiates but I did detox off of benzos as well as alcohol two summers ago inpatient. I attended a few NA meetings while there and I have to say I really liked the camaraderie. I know people say it doesn't matter what your drug of choice is but I do think it is helpful to have people to talk to who get the physical issues of getting clean, as well as meet people who have done it and are happy today.

I am glad you found SR, it is a great place and has been really important to me since I got clean and sober!
Old 08-02-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post
Hey GS, welcome. I never used opiates but I did detox off of benzos as well as alcohol two summers ago inpatient. I attended a few NA meetings while there and I have to say I really liked the camaraderie. I know people say it doesn't matter what your drug of choice is but I do think it is helpful to have people to talk to who get the physical issues of getting clean, as well as meet people who have done it and are happy today.

I am glad you found SR, it is a great place and has been really important to me since I got clean and sober!
Jaynie - Thanks, and I couldn't agree more. I want nothing more than to be clean but I have to say if I wasn't logging in here and talking and reading I would definitely be doing worse with things, it gives me so much strength and resolve to relate to people that have been through exactly what I am going through.

Last edited by GS123; 08-02-2015 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Grammar (adding "am")
Old 08-03-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff GS
Old 08-03-2015, 09:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Today was another step in the right direction my first day back at work since I really started getting on the right path, I must say I thought I would slip backwards but I am proud to say I didn't. Keeping my mind busy with work kept it away from worrying about everything else. I know I have a long road in front of me but every day it seems more doable.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats GS
Old 08-16-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

How are you getting on? Struggling here, managing a day here and there, withdrawls are brutal starting to vomit around the 20 hour mark, really need to beat this, hope your doing better than me mate.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good for you!
I had an oxy problem as well as cutting and chewing on morphine patches. I'm soooo glad I'm over that. I stopped 3 years ago. Tapered down then stopped altogether.

I wish I would have told my doctor about my problem. There's some meds out there that virtually eliminate WD's and are non addictive. Different then suboxone.

Keep at it and don't look back. You're doing great. If it gets unbearable, PLEASE see a doctor.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
Good for you!
I had an oxy problem as well as cutting and chewing on morphine patches. I'm soooo glad I'm over that. I stopped 3 years ago. Tapered down then stopped altogether.

I wish I would have told my doctor about my problem. There's some meds out there that virtually eliminate WD's and are non addictive. Different then suboxone.

Keep at it and don't look back. You're doing great. If it gets unbearable, PLEASE see a doctor.
What meds?
Old 08-16-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Sorry...don't recall the name. I'd have to do some google searching again. I just recall reading good reviews on it when I was trying to overcome a kratom problem earlier in the year. It's used for opiate WD symptoms.

I maybe wrong. But It wasn't all that long ago I was reading up on it. The Kratom addiction was young and easy to overcome so I didn't go to a doctor.

To that point....
I've spent most my life getting addicted to one thing or another. Weed, synthetic weed, bath salts, oxy, kratom, and of course alcohol.

No more for me. No way. I'm sooo done with that.

I still suffer from PAWS for alcohol and probably a bit from synthetic weed, but it's still better. And I know that PAWS will pass too. After spending most my life getting high, I'm looking forward to the rest of my life being the best of my life!

I've been clean for 3months now. Still fight depression periodically which is why I am on anti depressants. I suspect I'll be off them in a year or so.

Anyway....I know opiate WD's are not fun. There is help. But you gotta see a doctor to get it. That's where most people fail to take that step. The only other option is a taper. This is where you need to be honest with yourself. If you cannot maintain control and taper down, then you gotta see a doctor. Don't fool yourself into thinking you'll do a better job tapering down next time.