uhoh ive hit a good/bad bump...

Old 07-07-2015, 12:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

uhoh ive hit a good/bad bump...

In my own recovery....after leaving exah ive done amazing feeling fab going to al anon working on myself and kids its so rewarding and I know my soul is feeling peace its great hard sometimes but pretty good!

Until ive got very very close friendship with a new friend my gosh weve clicked its been quite intense and he has made me feel like I havnt felt in many many years. The only prob is it cant work out as their is a huge age gap....20...and its so soon after breaking up I know it cant work but its been amazing....I know im prob just naieve and desperate and vunerable...I realise this but the feel of complete happiness is quite addictive! Ps he no drinking probs I just know its prob not the best thing for me to take further but there are so many buts!
Old 07-07-2015, 02:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Johnno......You say that it is friendship....but, I have a sneaking suspicion that there is some romantic "element" involved (at some level),,,no?

dandylion
Old 07-07-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes potential definitely, I wonder why he was bought into my life alot
thanks.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have a pretty realistic view of what could (or could not) happen with this relationship. I say enjoy yourself...just make sure you're taking time on your own to heal.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thamks, deep down its prob not good idea for me and my young kids I need to be focusing on them as they deal with the break up and missin their dad...... not a man....but hes taking over my thoughts lol hes older and has his own issues as do i but talking with him i feel is healing and i totally never waste any of my precious time thinking of all the negitives ah bought on me. Grrr its hard thanks for my vent xxxxx
Old 07-07-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Johnno......LOL! LOL!!!!!!!! I just ASSUMED that he was 20yrs. younger than you....not older.......

dandylion
Old 07-07-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

LOL LOL ha see the reaction I would get!!!!@!!!!!!! My friends and family willthink im gone loopy!!!!!!!!!! But it feels so right we are in secret about it all omg I never ever thought id be writing about this problem on here but ive told noone and cant hence u lovely peep r hearing it!!!!!

ive learnt so much about not relying on others to make u happy u make ur own choices and now he makes me s9oooooooooooo happy!
Old 07-07-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What is wrong with a 20 year age difference?
Old 07-08-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Personally quite abit I think, and I don't think it's fair on my kids embrassment and of course the whole judgements of others....yes in my recovery I think i will still work on that!!
its such a shame because it feeld so tighg .
Old 07-08-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I wouldn't give up something good because of the judgment of others. That's a very sad way to live your life. And I don't understand how that's unfair to your kids. Character is much more important than age.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

We are our own worst enemies aren’t we??? So you have this wonderful friendship with someone who makes you feel great, is someone who is constantly on your mind and has lit in a fire in you…………..YET because of your low self-image – you feel embarrassed by an age difference and are afraid others will judge you - so it’s easier to just end your happiness then to take a stand for YOURSELF? Is that what you are saying?
Old 07-08-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Exactly what atalose said. Good things are hard to find in this world. If it feels so right... maybe it is. Why would you let other people, even your kids, prevent you from experiencing happiness, or at least the possibility of happiness? Why are you so afraid of what other people think?
Old 07-09-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

May I ask how old you are?

20 years age difference wouldn't bother me a bit. 20 years of wisdom. Bring it on.