Notices

alkie codependant

Old 07-06-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

No one is suggesting that your problems are not real. We are suggesting that you need to seek help for them though and make some kind of effort to make positive change in your life. Wallowing in self pity and coming up with reasons why you cannot or will not take advantage of all the resources available to you will most likely keep you right where you are.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are hurting sleepie, but I think getting off the benzos is fantastic, even if you do have some issues with tics--

If I were you, and my boyfriend was offering to help me so I could have some time
and energy to focus on my sobriety, I would take him up on it.

You've said already money and resources are easy for him, so since it
will cause him no hardship, why not?
I would hardly call him a co-dependent from your previous postings about him.
He seems perfectly happy to let you drink, or do benzos, or whatever and not to intervene.
Besides, that part is on him and not for you to manage anyway.

I think looking into some free treatment options in your city would be a criteria I would set for myself in order
to be sure I was maximizing the opportunity I had to focus on recovery.

A "jump start" with concentrated work might be exactly what turns the whole thing around.

Sending you a hug
Old 07-07-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
People.
I am talking very visible and audible tics here- jerking motions uncontrollable, and vocal stuff. Not swearing, that is a tiny percent of what the Tourette population.
When you have a disorder that is made fun of and ridiculed in film and tv it's difficult because it's acceptable to laugh at it. and It's humiliating.
And this disorder is mostly completely misrepresented.
It's not in my head ok?
I was on the train and a man was laughing and talking on the phone to his friend about me
THAT WAS REAL AND IT HURT.
I'm sorry this happens to you. Over the years i've been laughed at and made fun of for various things. and I wont lie it stings sometimes but I also realize the people doing the laughing and such are the ones with the real problems and i got big shoulders whatever I can handle it if they wanna laugh.

Karma is a funny thing. They will get what is due to them for this sort of stuff. that being said I guess you could laugh back at them or you could have some sympathy for them for what is probably going to be coming there way for behaving as such. But thats on them not you. There crummy actions are there problems and responsiblities. you cant do anything about them and what they do. But you can work on how you handle it and how you live your life IE you probably would not laugh at someone in the type of situation your in. You should be thankful that your a more mature person they are. Be happy that your problems have taught you something about people who suffer like you do and happy that you can feel compassion for others like you while others may be unable to understand or have any compassion.

Try not to let stuff like this "hook" you try not to allow stuff like this keep you from your prize "sobriety" its not worth it. You want to allow some strangers on a train rob you of your happiness and thunder and sobreity? lifes too short screw them keep chargen forward to the beat of your own drum doing your own thing happily working towards your sobriety and happiness thats more important then them believe me!

hang int here sleepie you'll get this!
Old 07-07-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
zjw

I want to add. I read this just recently I'll probably change it to my signature line at some point but think about this statement some. Maybe it can help.

Compassion:
Once you've seen the face of god,
You see that same face on everyone you meet.