Notices

Day 5

Old 07-05-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

Today is the first day that I really noticed how things are getting better. I feel better. Had a great chat with a neighbor. I was relatively clear in my thinking, though there's still a fog that needs to go.

Sleeping isn't a problem. I've slept 13 hours two nights in a row and my brain seems to be working hard to recover, given the many dreams.

The sweating is less bad. Not still pretty bad but a bit less. So I guess that will take a few weeks or so to get back to normal.

My body has taking detoxing to a new level. Heck, this place is anonymous, so I might as well say exactly what happened. My stomach and intestines started to rumble and get very active. Then a dam broke. Diarrhea. Happened a couple of times and now my stomach feels good. It had always been hurting a bit when I drank and until today in recovery. And there was reflux. Now that's gone.

I have a lot of trust in my body to detox and heal now.

Still no desire to drink. I've looked into PAWS and took note of what it is but didn't want to get into it in detail. I don't want the placebo effect to kick in regarding that. It's just enough to know about it and should it occur, I'll deal with it then.

All in all, a good day!
Old 07-05-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job Jerry. 5 days is great.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hang on!

Loose bowels - yeah, me too. Then constipation. Weird. I guess I had been nuking the flora in my gut with all those distilled spirits, and they fought back when I quit. Hehehe.

I also had an issue with sinus congstion and sinus headaches the first week. Went away after another week.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 5 days Jerry

The sweating stopped after about 12 to 14 days for me. Well done on sleeping OK, I struggled with sleeping for the first two months until I started exercising (jogging). My job is fairly sedentary so I guess I just needed to work my body a bit to sleep properly
Old 07-05-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 5 is fantastic Jerry!! Keep it going!!
Old 07-05-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Jerryfish your doing really well keep up the good work
Old 07-05-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good job Jerry. I've only experienced the dam breaking a couple of times, but when it happened, I recall it being a good sign that your body's metabolism is starting to return to normal and kicking the garbage out of your body. The good bacteria is your digestive tract is returning to normal. Prepare to eat like a horse for a couple days. Good job.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Jerry, congrats on 5 days! And I really like your attitude about PAWS. Don't let it become a self-fulfilling prophecy--need to remember that. Great job!
Old 07-06-2015, 02:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nice job on the 5 days! It's amazing how quickly our bodies change, isn't it?