Treatment that actually works

Old 07-28-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anaya View Post
We've had experience with only one dual diagnosis facility and that was six years ago.

My son was admitted to a 90-day inpatient program at a dual diagnosis facility, and we were told the first priority was focus on treating substance abuse; I don't know if they ever did address psychiatric issues during that stay.
The biggest problem is that B isn't going to admit to what he has been / was doing and the drugs aren't detected by screens therefore he isn't going to get the right diagnosis & treatment. His mother has been trying so hard to get him to be truthful, to no avail.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Yes, I understand your points and had also seen your earlier post/response about dual dx facilities.

I'm just saying the treatment at the dual diagnosis facility wasn't what I originally had thought it would be, though, it was constructive. However, my son did not want to be there, so I imagine he probably did not share my point of view.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

It is definitely worth the time and effort to get a correct mental evaluation, and to find the right type treatment. I know there are lots of great rehabs out there, and I agree, some free ones are just as good should the addict reach out and want it. You cannot make them want it, no matter what you do.

That being said, research the place. I know we wasted a lot of money on my X going to a rehab that did essentially nothing for him. I truly wish I had the tools that I have now, I would have encouraged him to do some serious research into where he goes.

I also know that sometimes the situation is so desperate that the first place you can get them into is where they go. Totally get this.

I don't know what I would do alterity, but I do know that I am so glad you post here and share because I think this is a lot more common than people think. And it's so important for YOU to have a support system, and I hope we are that to you!

XXX
Old 07-29-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you, hopeful.

The latest is that B is accepting (again) the fact that he needs help (third time a charm?) and we are looking now at:

Extensive Programs For Adults

It's just a matter of getting him there (probation, cost, etc).
Old 07-29-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

If it is the same thing I just looked up, (Silver Hill) it looks like an intensive programs that starts immediately with a psychiatrist and assessment, which is great.

I hope he actually accepts that he needs this help. XXX