Notices

How are you this middle day of the year?

Old 07-02-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How are you this middle day of the year?

Today, July 2nd, is the middle day of the common year, there are 182 days behind us and 182 days ahead of us in 2015. So today to the year is a bit like Wednesday in a week, it's kind of the hump day. How is it for you?

Many of us start the year in a blaze of resolutions and promises only to have them fizzle out in a few weeks or days.

The great thing about the middle day of the year is that we can make the second half of the year a winner in every way.

So how are you this middle day of the year?
Old 07-02-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Really good How are you? This started out as the worst year of my life and is turning into one of the best.....literally all from not drinking.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

About fair to middling for me. I don't make New Years resolutions anymore (I know better now!). I simply hope that the coming year is better than the previous. So far so good. I have cut back on my drinking to a great extent, gotten back to exercising and feel more optimistic. One thing that has assisted my optimism is severing ties with my toxic family. I had no idea just how much they weighed me down.

How about you Marcher13??
Old 07-02-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm good thank you, and your post made me smile a lot
Old 07-02-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, Marcher! It is good to stop and reflect now and again. This has been a year of huge changes for me. Staying sober is definitely at the top of the list by far!
Old 07-02-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Year started off crappy. At the midpoint, it is now pretty great.

Thanks for the post.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Hi Marcher

Lovely post! As you may know, as well as alcoholism I've been dealing with bulimia. I'm very close now to two and a half years alcohol-free but I've slipped many, many times with food. But, (crossing my fingers so tight my eyes are bulging!) so far, 2015 is shaping up to be my best year ever!!! Yay!
Old 07-02-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great post...I'm much better at the this mid-point and the future looks pretty awesome. Thanks for asking.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nice thread

For me, in sum, this year so far has undoubtedly been the best few months in several years. I got sober in Jan 2014, and the first year was defined by plenty of insecurities, doubts, often overreacting to challenges, being somewhat uncertain and indecisive as to where I wanted to take my life... but now is a quite different reality. This does not mean I don't have challenges and stressful/sad things happening in my life, it means that I am handling them far better, and also initiated a few new explorations and experiences that make me happy and fulfilled even when they are not always easy to handle. I also very much like that I am now more able and willing to dive into experiences and states emotionally than earlier in my life, in a few ways. I feel much calmer, focused, and motivated compared with the many years prior. So I will say so far it's been a great year for me full of meaningful experiences and challenges. I still struggle with anxiety off and on, but it's far, far more manageable than probably anytime before in my life. Oh, btw I also don't do new years resolutions, much prefer to define and set goals in the context where they belong

Thanks for starting this thread, Marcher -- so how about you?
Old 07-02-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

HUMP DAY! I saw a sticker on a car Tuesday that read, "Every day is hump day."
For many of us it is.

I'm going through a lot. The waiting game is over for me. It's time to seriously look for employment. I officially retired one year ago. And along with that came the official realization that I cannot afford to live under my current conditions unless I get a decent paying job.
So next week I start looking for a job for real. I just found out my wife will not be offered a full time position around these parts.
Time to hike up the pants, tighten the belt and put on the working man's shoes.
I'm actually loving life right now!
Old 07-02-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

On the whole its been positive its had its ups & downs but thats what makes life.....life

We have done loads of decorating put up a lot of curtains & blinds and we have a new king size bed that is amazing

So far id give the year 7.5 out of ten hopefully by december i can say its a ten
Old 07-02-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Trudgin

The first half of this year seemed longer than the same period a year ago. I could not quite put my finger on it. Then I read this!!

Midnight came later on Tuesday as for the first time in three years an extra second was added to the official time set by atomic clocks.
The "leap second" means the last minute of June had 61 seconds in it.
Leap seconds - and leap years - are added as basic ways to keep the clock in sync with the Earth and its seasons.

'Leap second' added for first time in three years - BBC News

I knew something was off slightly
Old 07-02-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The first half of 2015 has been great for me!
Started the A/F journey at the end of last year, so all year sober.....
Sure, there have been challenges, but all in all, really good!

I just wish I would have put in the effort DECADES ago!
Old 07-02-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Marcher! Thank you for a thought provoking post which did make me smile.

What to do? I find myself kind of floundering in my recovery at this point. Not drinking but I know that if I don't do something about it I will soon hit a day for which I'm ill prepared and I might pick up.

I must rededicate myself to my plan and take action. I feel like big things are just over the horizon and I can't see what it is. It's rather frustrating. Changes must be made.

Because I had 19 months sober yesterday. Want to keep it but I also want it to be of good quality
Old 07-02-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Nice post Marcher!!
Old 07-02-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Marcher, interesting topic. I would prefer to say that it has been uneventful...but I can't. In fact, I can't believe we are half way through the year. Thanks for the reminder. Its flying by.
All in all, it has not been wildly successful, or a bitter disappointment. What it has been is quite an experience. Lessons learned in the first 6 months of this year will remain with me for my entire life. That's a guarantee.

haha, kind of a boring answer, but its all I got.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Remind me to get you a picture of the city limit sign for Between, Ga. Great post.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My sober legs got a little wobbly about March. Then I did a face plant as far as my sobriety is concerned. Hopefully I'm on steadier legs now and, will ring in 2016 sober. I hope every one here will too.