Notices

Anger

Old 07-01-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anger

Super angry at various things. I mean mainly people who take advantage of me. I wouldn't care if I was drinking.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Use the anger to help you make a change in your life. You don't need to allow people to take advantage of you. Learning how to say 'No' is something that I had to do and it made a big difference in my life.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't let people take advantage of you ....it breeds resentment which triggers drinking. Dump those people, you don't need them.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the comforting words.

It seems the problems Ive been drunk and angry about now I am sober and angry. I just feel like a crazy person.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Anger is usually sadness looking for a way out of the box we've hidden it in.

Vigorous exercise can help blow it out when in builds up.

Diving into the pain can help move beyond it to a more peaceful way of life.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What Owl said.

Blow off some steam in a healthy way ! Resentment will eat you alive !

Trust me on this !

DD
Old 07-01-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks I am on day 5. Yes I am a active person but since yesterday I think my anger is just getting worse. Maybe I should just warn others to stay away.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This is normal. It's why there is such a massive focus on resentments in AA (and probably in other recovery programmes).

I found some of the speaker tapes helped me out ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHxIwDlyUIU
Old 07-01-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I just wanted to say I totally relate to your anger & I'm going thru the same thing. I too am early in sobriety. The first time I got sober in 2008 I had a huge anger problem that lasted a while. I actually put myself into anger management classes!

Anyway, by 12-18 months the anger was complete gone. Oh! I also worked the 12 steps of AA & that helped immensely!

Unfortunately I relapsed last year & am a newbie again but that's ok. I can learn from my mistakes. Your anger will go away eventually if you work the steps and/or serious therapy...and of course sobriety! :-)
Old 07-02-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Beccybean View Post
This is normal. It's why there is such a massive focus on resentments in AA (and probably in other recovery programmes).

I found some of the speaker tapes helped me out ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHxIwDlyUIU
I needed that!! Thanks so much for sharing. I am going to watch all these videos. tyou
Old 07-02-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

I really agree with Annas post, Also introduce boundaries ?
Old 07-02-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Keep your circle small and worry about only what you can control. People are naturally selfish. Don't be afraid to sever ties, even if it's family.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
zjw

i get it i wondered my house with gritted teeth and clenched fists for months and months after I sobered up. I was always frustrated and angry. It started to ease up when i become more accepting of things.

Sometimes you have to accept the fact that someones simply and A&&hole

Ya know oh well that ones an A&&hole so why should i expect any different out of them wala I'd feel better.

Accepting various situations and circumstances is the same. My car broke down because its a piece of garbage I shouldnt expect any different out of this car oh well.

I had to learn to throw my hands in the air and say oh well. when there was nothing i could do.

But yeah anger was pretty much part of my regular state of being for a while.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by Debbie329 View Post
Don't let people take advantage of you ....it breeds resentment which triggers drinking. Dump those people, you don't need them.
I really like this. its awesome when we can recognize things ahead of time and be proactive about it so that it doesnt stick us again.

I like your other suggestion about letting people know ahead of time. I try to do that myself I'll tell people I"m in a funk dont expect to hear anything good out of me right now till i get over myself etc..
Old 07-02-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Adjusting to Sobriety is going to take time, alcohol was a large part of our lives and so without it will take some time to adjust!!

Hang in there!!
Old 07-02-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Day 5 is very early in the journey. I believe you are going to feel a lot of things you would not feel while drinking or drunk. I wouldn't put too much stock into any of them at this point. They are what they are. Just stay the course. Oh, and one more thing.....don't drink. Good job Sweetbaby.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Anger has been a big one for me too. I kept reading posts on this site about how people were waking up happy and ready for the day...... for at least two months I was waking up in a rage at everything, memories, my current problems, other people.......... you name it. I found it hard to appreciate the other benefits of being sober for the first time in forever.
BUT, 3 months in and its easing off ...... like it's worn itself out.
As somebody has already mentioned, early days are complex, we are not just detoxing, we are making huge changes.
Good luck, be well.

xx
Old 07-02-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Give yourself a little more time to find out who sober you is SB.

Things get better. I became less angry - and less vulnerable

D