Notices

Class of July 2015

Old 07-09-2015, 01:44 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

.....evening everybody.

G'day JamesAdams.......another person on Aus time always a welcome addition here for me....

Slept last night.....it was good. Even rolled right over and had another hour. Could have been so different.....

Back home now, tired....doing one of those group fitness things thro work where you count you steps toward the team total etc. Doing about 14 -15 thousand a day at the moment. Should go someway to cancelling out the Magnums.......

No booze today, none wanted. Have planned a dinner to cook later, got the bits on the way home. Nothin on the teevee tonite, maybe read here and a book....

Coming on here at the start and end of the day in a different timezone makes it hard to respond widely. But I read them all and send best wishes. Daisy, I'm sorry for the relationship, Witty you're doin great...hope ya day was ok Plath, hope everybody's day is going peacefully and soberly......
Old 07-09-2015, 01:48 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Not my real name.

Originally Posted by KeryJames View Post
Ooof that's fantastic. I need to print that out and use it for my decision making process. It's funny as when I was coming home this morning I said to myself something like "damn, I have a demon inside me that's trying to kill me".

I like this analogy.

Stopping drinking is such an emotional roller coaster for me. In the last 24 hours I have experienced: fear, panic, shame, uncertainty, anxiety, relief, excitement, elation, and currently anger. Anger with myself for being here again, and anger towards my black wolf. I will starve him until he shrivels up and dies.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:52 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Not my real name.

G'day canguy. Awesome that you are doing exercise, my plan is to take it easy for a few days, my blood pressure will likely spike up.

I did not drink much last night, went to bed early and slept really well, so woke up this morning feeling great actually. However today has been ... interesting

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
.....evening everybody.

G'day JamesAdams.......another person on Aus time always a welcome addition here for me....

Slept last night.....it was good. Even rolled right over and had another hour. Could have been so different.....

Back home now, tired....doing one of those group fitness things thro work where you count you steps toward the team total etc. Doing about 14 -15 thousand a day at the moment. Should go someway to cancelling out the Magnums.......

No booze today, none wanted. Have planned a dinner to cook later, got the bits on the way home. Nothin on the teevee tonite, maybe read here and a book....
Old 07-09-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Woke up day 4.
Feel like CRAP. Hopeful this passes. Foggy headed, depressed. Whirling head. Bleh! Go away
Old 07-09-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JamesAdams View Post
Haha, yeah I had a dream last night that I was at a work party and everybody was drinking heavily including me. More like a bad memory than a dream
Last night must have been the night of drinking dreams as I dreamed I was in a bar...and I was NOT drinking but met this girl who was overly friendly and very drunk. I was actually ashamed for her because she was so drunk. I did get her number though but threw it away when I realized she was too drunk to even remember me.
Start of day 6 here! Onward!
Old 07-09-2015, 04:16 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Woke up day 4. Went to the gym, had a decent workout, first in about 7 days. Last weekends 3 day binge took a toll so today is the first day I actually feel "Ok". Having some anxiety & anger issues this morning, had a little too much coffee so that is not helping. I also have some drama waiting for me at work so my anxiety is brought on by the anticipation. Will make it a good day.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:23 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I am new here, this forum , this thread. I tried posting a thread in newcomers but it just wont work: it redirects and blocks.... I will try to follow daily.
This is what I tried to post :
Dear all, attempt number 3 to try and post ... it keeps not happening and the screen goes white, the forum blocks.

I feel I am repeating myself over and over by rewriting this haha.

Anyhow, so... must share since its a forum. I am not used to writing on forums but here goes.

I am 33 years old, and a heavy drinker. Alcoholic is the word. I was on this forum 7 years ago, thinking then or feeling then that maybe I drink a bit much? Fast forward 7 years and I can share you that I drank a bottle of Bacardi on my own yesterday, no problem.
I drink daily and I drink a lot. My body manages, I look good and healthy. I have been drinking a lot since my first drink when I was 20y old.
Before I was fine also, although very sensitive for everything. A true empath. I am still all of that, just soaked in alcohol really.

What I felt 7 years ago when I found this forum , is what I feel today but a bit more probably .....
I dont want to continue like this and I am afraid of what I will be 7 y. from now.....

I come from a proud line of functioning alcoholics. We are all intelligent, well spoken, some a bit artsy, all sportive , all outdoorsey persons. We all drink like sailors and then some.
1 bottle of wine per person is nothing.... although I guess I am now hitting hard liquor a lot and seem to manage fine. I cant believe I drank a BOTTLE of bacardi on my own yesterday and feel only slighty hungover. Not good. I think my liver hurts a bit , I feel something on my right side today.

I live alone now, in a new country for a year now. Nobody can stop me from drinking.... nobody can tell me: wait until 17h. So I start at noon. Beer does not get me tipsy anymore, 2 liters a day is nothing. Wine is the same.... etc. I have trained myself well .

Today wont be a problem not drinking or smoking, I went in excess and it will make me vomit if I drink today. Tomorrow will get tricky....

Lets see. It does not feel healthy anymore really so.... I will have to just grow some personality and stop drinking

Last edited by isabelles; 07-09-2015 at 04:25 AM. Reason: missing words at last phrase
Old 07-09-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hey..... I had drinking dreams last night as well.
Maybe it's a mental sympathy hangover I'm feeling.
I really , REALLY, feel each and every post y'all put on here about anxiety, and feeling down. I'm trying to break the every few days and drink- cycle. I'm feeling bonkers today at day 4, but unfortunately I think that's about an average feeling in the first days.
Ugh ! Fast forward, please ! Lol
Old 07-09-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Isabelles

D
Old 07-09-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
Letitgo - thanks for ideas. I'm a huge reader of SR and also recovery books. It's all starting to sink it. A few years ago no one could have told me to distract myself from drinking. Say what !!!
Even that is starting to sink in ! Yay I'm finally getting a clue.

I'm also an ice cream nut to stop the cravings.
Tonight was raspberry sherbet with fresh raspberries and blackberries. Y-u-m-m-y !

Letitgo - I live in the state bordering you (to the west). Where am I?

Thanks for all the posts.

Keep on keepin on.

Olivia
Sherbert sounds good. I froze some yogurt for last night. Want to keep the calories down. So I bet you are from Iowa. Nice to meet you. I look forward to speaking with you and everyone through this journey.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hi Dee, my right side hurts, its just not fun anymore drinking on my own. Sad to realize.... shame I cant be a social drinker made or brake situation I think
Old 07-09-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Not my real name.

Originally Posted by isabelles View Post
My body manages, I look good and healthy. I have been drinking a lot since my first drink when I was 20y old.
I have a little more than a decade on you, and let me tell you, quitting this time has been the hardest. I don't think it is because I was drinking more (I wasn't), I think it is because I am older.
Originally Posted by isabelles
I come from a proud line of functioning alcoholics. We are all intelligent, well spoken, some a bit artsy, all sportive , all outdoorsey persons. We all drink like sailors and then some.
Both my parents are functioning alcoholics, well one functions better than the other. All my uncles were alcoholics, and my cousins. Hmm, I am seeing a pattern here.

One reason I really want to quit this time is to set a good example for my children. They are at the age where what I do now they will think is normal. I really want to give them an example that I never had.

Originally Posted by isabelles
Today wont be a problem not drinking or smoking, I went in excess and it will make me vomit if I drink today. Tomorrow will get tricky....
See a doctor if you feel bad, and tell them truthfully how much you have been drinking.

Good that you have joined up and are giving this a go!
Old 07-09-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Welcome isabelles.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a part two to this thread. Please join us here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

Have a good day everyone

D