Notices

Stay Sober Weekender Thread until 6/1

Old 06-03-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 541 (permalink)  

I am about 40 minutes from Rochester Thank God it's going to be warmer. I have been freezing!
Old 06-03-2015, 03:40 AM
  # 542 (permalink)  

Yeah, it looks like we're in for a stretch of outdoors, YaY!
Old 06-03-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 543 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Escapist nice to see you
I agree with you behan the bombastic verbosity , the obtuse and acute reference, the long and windy sentence concealing very little within, in the way of content other than to bamboozle, prevaricate and obfuscate any real meaning , so much so as to when you read the last bit you've forgotten where the beginning started and then you find your only in the middle as it then goes on far longer than you expected about nothing very much until it finally and resolutely reaches some kind of endpoint .
Yes it can be a bit annoying can't it

Coffee on , deposit , rent in advance and pet bond paid on the new rental house .

Van booked for moving sat-weds ,

Mex-m8 attending interview in Blackpool as we speak ,

phew , a moment to sit and not do a bit ,

m
Old 06-03-2015, 03:48 AM
  # 544 (permalink)  

Morning, weekenders. Been in a funk all week and can't seem to pull myself out of it. Guess I just have to sit with it a while. Projects done, no trips planned for the rest of the year, cabin weekends have their difficult moments. This too shall pass.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 545 (permalink)  

Aw, Bernie. I hope that things get sorted out. Are you going to the cabin this weekend? Can you plan something that you would like to do around home that you would prefer?

Mex, hope the move goes smoothly and your m8's interview goes well. What a transition for you both.

Good morning all. Hump day! I'm wishing us all a great day. Nothing big on my agenda. Looks to be another slow day at work.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 546 (permalink)  

Bernie feel better! I certainly understand funks!

Black Eyed Peas always help me
Old 06-03-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 547 (permalink)  

Or Shaggy is feel good music
Old 06-03-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 548 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Mecanix...that was a heckuva sentence to wake up to

Hugs Bernie....hope you feel better soon! It's always a let down after a lot of activity.....maybe a new project?

I'm up too early.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 549 (permalink)  

I think Mec wins the Bulwer Lytton award should he turn that sentence into the first line of a fiction novel. Mec, did you read The Phantom Tollbooth? It contains a lot of word silliness, inanity in some character's redundancy, repetition. reiteration. It's worth it for adults who like word play.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 550 (permalink)  

Fire alarm at work to break up the day.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 551 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter View Post
Fire alarm at work to break up the day.
No I did not pull the fire alarm.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 552 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter View Post
No I did not pull the fire alarm.
Sounds suspicious.....
Old 06-03-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 553 (permalink)  

It's raining. It is also my long hike/walk day. I'm going regardless - but the rain makes procrastination less guilt-inducing.

Yesterday I got out the sewing machine and even though I hadn't used it in 15 years, I still remembered how - no problems loading the bobbin, threading the loop, or sewing a straight line. It felt good to finally put up curtains on the window in my bedroom. I've had them laying on my dresser for too many years.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 554 (permalink)  

Bacon, here. Breakfast Of Champions. Well, of this '-pion' anyway...

Poached Eggs on Toast. Coffee strong enough to reanimate The Dead.

Met with our Realtor-Of-Choice yesterday who I met at the Dog Park, and he was impressed with our 'Staging Lite' progress thus far. I completely tore down my Studio-quality Sound System. I moved it all to this long, low, lean Danish Unit we've had fo evah. The Realtor is bringing over another piece to complement it, and some Patio Furniture. Everything we have is Out West. I put this 1/2 Floor Railing back up, after painting it and all Stair Railings a crackled Bronze. It's about 6' wide. It's to keep Wee Bastids from plunging off a 3' drop in the Kitchen to the Family Room Floor. I figgered out this trick way to use some macho Threads in the back of the Big Screen TV to hold the TV onto this Railing. Looks pretty kewl, actually, but maybe you have to be here...

I removed an unused Toaster Oven Bracket from under a Kitchen Cab back in a corner. When it doubt, whip it out. Going Minimalist for Showings that start in about ~1.5 weeks. I want up a Sign that says 'Available Soon' to crank interest from Looky-Loos, and that goes up a week from today. We disappear to our under-utilized Mountain House the Weekend after this to allow unlimited Showings. A Pal's Neighbor in a Town nearby had ~2 dozen Showings in 1 Weekend. My kinda Housing Market Insanity...

I'm forking over $350- myself for a full Inspection this Friday. I see it as a Confidence-builder that will allow Folks to see this Joint's in as good a condition as we claim it is. Also, I'm keen on having the Furnace checked out thoroughly, and other Systems verified.

Da Wife has cleaned off the Porch, and Vehicles disappear to the Street here in a bit to allow Exterior Pix. Joint's looking good in flattering Overcast around just now...

Nice to hear of your meritorious Meeting, Mec. If anyone doubted you'd shine, it wasn't anyone here.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 555 (permalink)  

Bimini, didn't it feel good? I dragged my sewing machine out to repair a pillow case and was astounded too. Now if I have to thread it, I may have to toy with it. I like walking in the rain.

MM, sounds like you are rolling along with your moving plans.

I'm impressed by everyone who says they will do something around the house and does it. I need more of that.

I've been sitting here wasting time in between stuff. We always seem to think we invented messed up lives but truly, it's an ongoing human condition. I googled Edward bulwer Lytton and went from there. If you ever want to read drama, Google Lord Byron, Percy and Mary Shelley. Holy cow.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 556 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please Continue:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html