Notices

I have to stop this. I need to get sober

Old 05-28-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GentleBen View Post
I am glad I did. It takes the isolation factor down several notches. I've got to get something figured out and start somehow on getting sober.
I'm glad you did, too, Ben. Welcome to SR.

In my own case, I discovered that the sense of relief in finding I wasn't alone was instrumental to sobriety and recovery. Moreover, there are kind people who have lots of support and insight to offer -- we've all walked a mile in the same shoes. You'll find lots of great resources here, including some information on other programs.

My own experience on SR was greatly enriched by joining my "class." Yours would be the Class of May 2015 and during that first month, the threads appear here in the Newcomers Forum. Once the month is complete, it moves on to the Newcomers Daily Support section.

You can do this, Ben.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome Ben! Today is my Day 1, but I also feel strong since I have a plan. I know your plan is to just keep the bottle from your lips but try and think about other things you can add to that plan, such as meditation or talking with an individual counselor. I have added exercise, diet, prayer, individual counseling, AA, AA contacts, and SR to my plan. There is so much out there!
Old 05-28-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello folks. All I can say is wow. Didn't think I would get this type of feedback. Thank you to everyone.

Soberintexas007, today is my first day. I drank after starting this thread. I work out of own and rode to the job with the crew which didnt turn out good. I took my own truck to the job today. Came straight back to the hotel. Almost left twice to head to the store but just drove around instead. Didn't drink though. My mind and thoughts are all over the place. Can't wait to get home to my family tomorrow. Sorry for rambling on but it does feel good to tell someone how your dealing with and feeling.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Great job on not drinking GB. I know early on this seems impossible. Trust me, you can do it. Be strong, make a plan, set your goals and dont drink today.

Use this community as much as you can. We are here to help each other get better. You deserve to be free from this. It's your choice and everyone around you will benefit from the effort you put in;especially you. It definitely get easier with time.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

GB--praying for you today. Remember, one day (hour/minute) at a time.