Notices

Moderation does not work for me

Old 05-27-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Im flabbergasted. .Completely flabbergasted. 007 ive read ur post here. I think your living in a world hanging upside down and alcohol is the rope holding you. Cut the rope my friend before it kills you. If you do this your life will improve drastically and most problems will disappear. Trust me. Ask anyone here.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:37 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Stop with the excuses. That is the problem. Many of us have come from crappy childhoods, or have had a hard life, traumatic events... Definitely discuss your transgender issues with a therapist but you aren't alone when it comes to having things you THINK set you a part so differently than everyone else.

My uncle told me once, when I had just finished a 4 day bender and was blabbing to him about how hard my life was and my childhood and blah blah blah ... He said

"The world doesn't give a $hit about you, it will eat you up and spit you out"
At first I was mad... I thought it was such a mean and cliche thing to say, but the more I thought about it the more I realized he was right. Who was a I kidding? There are people in all walks of life who have had crappy events happen to them and they aren't going around getting drunk and making excuses like I was.

It will NEVER get better so long as you use these excuses as a crutch to continue drinking. Never. You say you WANT to get better? Then do it. At least TRY. Yeah it's gonna SUCK really bad for awhile, you will miss alcohol, and want to drink , and have anxiety and everything else that comes along with quitting, but I can 120% promise you it will be worth it. Life is so much better sober and clear headed.

Step back and reevaluate your priorities. Come up with a new game plan. If you want to quit drinking you need To change. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Stick around and try posting/conversing with the lovely members here while sober. There is a lot of good advice in these rooms.

Hope to see you around