Notices

Time to hang it up

Old 04-27-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Time to hang it up

Unfortunately I do not have the power to control intake once I start and I refuse to let that determine to outcome for what now is a great life, job, partner, and outlook.

Any kind words of support will be appreciated.

Day 1
Old 04-27-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello & Welcome good job making a day 1 have you got a sobriety plan ?
Old 04-27-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

keep coming back this site can be of much help good luck with your sobriety
Old 04-27-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My plan is to focus on how good I feel and not let my body trick me into thinking I need to medicate away stress again. The stress is imaginary and the anexiety is only there due to the medication. I am done with it all.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello:

For some people it clicks and done... Never drinking again is a good start to your plan but what else are you doing? I would suggest that you read a lot here and in other resources to educate yourself about the subject. Have you heard about the AV? Addictive voice? Getting to know it has really helped me. Another good tool is to write down why you are quitting, and when your AV pops, read what you wrote.

There are lots of ideas around here. Hope to see you around.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Heres some links having a plan helps how much work you put in to it is vital to recovery imo

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html
Old 04-27-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Reading about AV now. The replacing "I" with "it" truly hit home with me.

Thank you guys so much!
Old 04-27-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When I get "itch" I won't go to any store solo. In fact I'll shower and put pjs on. I'm starting to recognize my triggers. There are no more "I'll quit (again) tomorrow. I've been reading a lot now and logging loads of miles walking and on the water. I also take $5 a day and place it on a 5 gallon water jug it's adding up very quickly. In a few more months I'll be able to get a very nice apple laptop. I spent twice that amount on my daily drinking. It's a gift to myself every day I don't drink. I'm not cocky any more Thinking I can do it just on willpower. I refuse to go thru those days of wretching and insomnia of looking like poop. I wish you all the best. You want to keep that job and partner. It can disappear b4 u know it. When you lose the trust it's really hard to get back. Do this firstly for you. Life is short. I can't changed past but I can at my future up for best it can be. Let's hope this is your last 1st day.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 1 was awesome. I did take a asprin to combat the high bp to sleep but sleep was ahhhmazing and I feel like a million bucks this morning. My body rested and didnt try to recover from what I had done to it all night. Day 2 is always ok and day 3 I slip. Knowing about Mr. AV should help. Will update on day 2 tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for support!
Old 04-28-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yay! Keep it up, you can do it! If I can make it to day 7 today, so can you. My day 3's were the worst for me too. I felt great, happy, under control, clear headed, hangover free, and ready to enjoy a nice glass of wine. NOT! The one glass of wine quickly turned to the whole bottle, then most recently, I followed up with a shot or two of vodka, or a nice chamomile tea to help settle me down, and hey, why not add a shot of Grand Marnier Sick, I know. And, man I was sicker then sick the next day, vowing never to drink again only to start the cycle all over again. I understand now that I only drank to get drunk, and I don't like care to be drunk, I don't like it, so I won't drink anymore. I've been feeling really good lately, and I will not give in to my AV, it can go to H E double hockey sticks.