Notices

Make Hope Wider Sober Weekender April 23rd Until....

Old 04-29-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
That's the hump day link Solarion. I see the weekender thread as more of a week long hug or high five. Peter Frampton is from South London so I know nothing about him obviously but I think Steve Mariott was a bad influence. HaF/Della I'm going to have to Google "Gain"now as you have mentioned it a few times. I hope it's good ...
Wasn't Mark Knophler from somewhere around London too?
Old 04-29-2015, 10:02 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I actually walked out on Peter Frampton. 1977 JFK Stadium Philadelphia PA. Just after hi-scholl grageeyation. Dicky Betts, J Geils Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Imagine a day of (long day for some young rockers) and Skynyrd just blows away the crowd after Betts and Jgeils rock the place - all headliners. Then Frampton comes out in a shiny jumpsuit and an acoustic guitar and starts with some girly tunes in front of 100,000 rocked out and tuned up concert goers. It was a buzz kill. I understand we missed a great show later, but that's what young stupid drunks do. Keep in mind we was still in the disco sux era and that outfit didn't help either.
Was this before or after Frampton comes alive brain? From what I know, he wasn't really that big before this album.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:03 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Since shotgun is called by those of you up at the crack of dawn with the birds, I'll leave you to it. Weasel, things in the original packaging can be just as good fifty years later. I loved that comment. My mother just gave me some twin sheets with pillow cases, still wrapped in their original plastic, that are oh, about fifty years old. I keep thinking 1964 wasn't all that long ago but I guess it is a half century. Dang it. I'm exhausted and it's 9:45 and son still not in bed.
So I get to call shotgun? What is calling shotgun then?
Old 04-29-2015, 11:16 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Almost time for the weekend bus...!
Old 04-30-2015, 12:38 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

So my song for the day. He was not big in the states at all, but here in SA and OZ this guy is a legend. Brilliant singer and songwriter.

http://youtu.be/sycW0zUQQXY
Old 04-30-2015, 12:43 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Za shotgun is being the person to post first after Ken starts the thread like in a car you get the virtual passenger seat. Don't make me regret telling you