I'm a fool

Old 04-18-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm a fool

It's been a while for to post. The short version is my AXA has moved back to my town to be closer to his kids. He had his "new girlfriend" buy him an RV so he has a place to live. For 6 weeks now he has once a week shown up here drunk and wanting to leave her and/or get sober...only to go back. He tried for two of those weeks to go into rehab with the third attempt being successful. He ran to me to help get him in. I did. He checked himself self on day 4 and ran off again. I am freaking done!!!!!! I'm mad at myself for trying help a liar even though he's the father of my two kids. How far will he go with these sick games. He's not ready to be sober and she's his drinking buddy.....which whom he is so in love with and now wants to marry. I'm depressed and mad and sick all at the same time. Who does this stuff. This other woman allows him to do whatever he wants....except be a good father. Where's that at? Uggh! Venting!!!!!
Old 04-18-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sounds like its time to remove yourself as one of his OPTIONS.....don't blame the new GF, she is no more responsible for his actions than you are. HE IS fully responsible.

I hope when he shows up drunk he is NOT allowed to see the children.
I hope next time he has a crisis, you are not available.
I hope you see that he is simply not capable of being a "good father" and that he is not at all ready to tackle the beast of addiction head on.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, I totally understand feeling like fool!!! When I hear you say it I think ... She's not a fool. She's caring with a big heart. Then I think of my situation and what a fool I am!! Like you I'm so tired of feeling like a fool. Tired of feeling like a piece of s=%× on the bottom of his shoe. Bottom line is we follow our hearts Aomwtimes even when our head knows better. I've been told it will get better, it will get easier ... Let's just hope one day very soon we will use our heads and not our hearts. But keep,our heart open for others, don't let it change you.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Weezer,

Helping him get in to rehab was kind. You just never know what could bring on a true change of heart and recovery. You are linked through your kids and I could see why you'd try to help once.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You tried to help for your kids, but he doesn't want help, he wants attention. He gets it from you and her. She's not allowing him to do anything. You know good and well A's do as they dang well please. If he wanted to be a good father he would, he doesn't. He wants to drink.
I have to sign on 110% with Anvilhead. Time for you to be less available.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I believed him. I still think deep down he wants his sobriety but he doesn't want it bad enough. I want to make myself unavailable...it's hard to get back there.