Notices

BF using cocaine...

Old 10-12-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hi guys.

Sorry ive been quiet. Just busy thinking about things. Busy deciding that i dont have to feel like crap most of the time. Busy trying to convince myself that next time i feel like that ill walk away.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Good for you, gal ! YOU hold the key to your freedom or enslavement - it's up to you what you accept or not.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

I hope you make the best decision for YOU Blue, I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:47 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Have not decided what to do yet. But had a big fight last night. I fight i dont even understand. Lol. We have friends, a couple. The girl is kinda my best friend and the guy used to be his best friend. He was mad at me one day and screamed at me and the guy (his ex best friend) saw it and since then their friendship has not been the same. Anyways, yesterday she asked me to be her maid of honour. But he was not asked to be the best man. Although we are both invited to the wedding. Last night he was screaming at me because apparently by considering to say yes to be my friend's maid of honour i am backstabbing him. Because apparently, he is not best man because their friendship isnt what it used to be - apparently thats my fault.

Like i said i dont even understand why we were fighting... i cannot see what his problem is.... anyway he got really agressive... was throwing things around and stuff... kinda scared me. :-/
Old 10-14-2015, 03:52 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Do your best

Blue this isn't a healthy relationship & he's being aggressive & throwing things around I'm now worried for your safety you deserve so much better than this

We are here 24/7 can you stay at a friends house or somewhere where your safe
Old 10-14-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Sober wolf has been one of the most sounded minds on this site ive read so far.
A person cant love antother if they dont love themselves. it sounds like your in a dangerous situation.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

If you are at the stage where there no trust, sounds like he is Lying & manipulating like we all know is addicts do to get our own way, when incandescent rage turns into just habitual aggression it's hard to see the positives. As a recovering addict is say get out while you can minimise damage. If he is flat out then the whole process of getting and staying clean will take up immense amounts of your time and energy - it will be the one thing and consideration that will underpin everything you do as a couple in future - spontaneous stuff isn't easily done - drugs coming first is a brutal thing to have to live with - but as a heroin addict who has been clean since dec 14 there no doubt that recovery is no picnic & must be brutal for anyone in relationship with addict.
Sorry if I sound negative - don't mean to be - hardest thing about recovery for me is facing up to the fact that something's, many things that I did or didn't do in the past I could attribute to drugs - not the most edifying moments those when you can't blame that anymore and have to look deeper into yourself. Don't Get me wrong, its better, but harder re yourself and your view of urself.

Good luck!!
Old 10-15-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hard to have love without trust either - and addicts are Impossible to trust - the complexity of our lies is incredible at times.,
Old 10-15-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Blue, GET OUT !!! For your own self and for your own future - those are your responsibilities.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Not again

Why all the drama?

This is starting to read like a soap opera.

Blue;

addicts: bad
dating one: worse (because supposedly we have the clarity of mind to know better.)
It is much safer, in the long run, to believe the problem will not go away.

Be Well,
Larry
Old 10-15-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hi Blue,

My boyfriend is a crack addict. I know how much this hurts. But if something does happen to you, won't you regret staying?

Let's make a deal to try to stay safe...
Old 10-16-2015, 12:22 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaringScared View Post
Hi Blue,

My boyfriend is a crack addict. I know how much this hurts. But if something does happen to you, won't you regret staying?

Let's make a deal to try to stay safe...
Deal...
Old 05-01-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

a Few months later

Hi to everyone who used to post to this thread...

I've been quiet I know... thing is... things got really bad... and I still tried to help him... no matter what it did to me.... but in the end... a very short while ago... I left... for good.

I'm not going to look back. And I keep reminding myself that this is better for my safety and wellbeing... I'm not saying that addicts cannot be helped... but they should want to try get better from their side. Because trying to help an addict who doesn't want to quit... is a very devastating battle.

I am okay now. I still miss him obviously... but it's for the best. Somehow during it all I developed a very bad case of an eating disorder... but I'm getting help for it.

Thank you to everyone who posted to this thread in the past.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Blue
Old 05-01-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

now you are free to put all those helping traits to good use and work on getting YOU healthy, happy and whole! thank you for the update, glad you are safe.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Well done for getting out of that - hard no doubt but right thing.