Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 40

Old 05-09-2015, 02:29 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

Venus' father is very ill. See three posts up from yours Trach.

D
Old 05-09-2015, 02:52 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I know about her father, Dee. She told me someone here told her to stop posting here.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:20 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Toots! I'm here! Not sure about Shoes but I'm sure We is busy with wedding/moving plans. I hope you're having a delightful time in Portugal! My sense of wanderlust is kicking in and a weekend in Portugal sounds perfect!

Congrats on 26 Marcher & Budd!!! Wow!!!!

Yeah, Trach, V told me the same thing. I have no idea what could have happened?
Old 05-09-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know anything about that.

I'll bite my tongue and just say unless you hear it from me Anna or another mod, anybody is free to post here.

Lets move along.

Dee
SR
Old 05-09-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I am fine, Budd! Thanks for asking!

Happy 26, you guys!
Old 05-09-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Budd and Marcher

D
Old 05-09-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Rhetorical question - why would anyone say that to V or anyone else?!!

(((V))), of course we want you to post here!!! We miss you!
Old 05-09-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Toots: You asked for a "shout out"... here it is:
I am having company flying to Colorado in several hours and they will be here for 8 days. I have been busy cleaning and prepping my home. I will not be around much as I will be having fun and spending time with my family.
Congrats to anyone celebrating a milestone!
Old 05-09-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a grey paradise 1Day when you are done cleaning your place could you pop over? It's a month since those wonderful girls cleaned my house?

A grey day suits me fine today. Marcher Dog and I are just back from a walk, there is bread on the rise and I have a bunch of online work to do.

Wehav I hope the plans are coming along fine for the big day -- just three weeks to go if I've calculated right.

Toots I hope you'll give us a travelogue on Spain. As I'm "black Irish" people have often mistaken me for being Spanish, I feel quite an affinity with the country as a result.

Have a good weekend peeps.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hi Toots - Any excuse to have some cookies is music to my ears

Wehave - Congrats! I didn't realize that your wedding is coming up so soon!!!

V posted a quick note that her father will likely pass tonight. She came home quickly to feed the cat and head back to the hospital.

If there is any thread concern, you are welcome to stop by Feb 13 thread as she will see those posts. I think you know most of us already If you haven't met Mel, she got married within the last year and recently had a beautiful baby boy and is adjusting to being a mom

Sounds like you guys are enjoying some nice travel! I'm currently in Turkey and highly recommend it!
Old 05-10-2015, 12:48 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Marcher, I'd love to give you a travelogue on Spain, but I am actually in Portugal!! We are having a lovely time so far, apart from the fact everyone keeps putting complimentary glasses of port in from of me! Thank goodness Mr T is willing to biter the bullet for me and drink both. I used to love a decent glass of port, so I look longingly at them, but I know it wouldn't stop there and I'm not going back to the person I was. This morning I got up early and went for my run along the promenade. No way could I have done that if I were drinking, let alone would I have wanted to!

Enjoy your company 1day, the best reason for not being able to be around here too much.

Trachy don't you go burning yourself out, remember HALT. .

Venus, not sure who you feel told you not to post here, but I don't understand it? As far as I am aware, the one thing we Marchers are known for is our inclusivity, we welcome all comers, and want to hear everything everyone has to say, especially if they are going through a tough time. That is one of the reasons we have become such a strong cohesive group, we have and continue to help each other through some real hardships, loss, tragedy, familial issues, there is nothing here anyone isn't free to offload. You can even say sorry, as long as you aren't apologising for offloading!!

Gilmer, sorry to hear of your dads continuing deterioration, and that you may have to make some tough decisions regarding his on going care. I know that whatever you do will come from a heartfelt desire to do the best by him, so do not allow guilt headroom.

Hey Sass how are you doing? You sound solid again x
Old 05-10-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers,

Yes, I am feeling solid again. That was, however, a good wake-up call. I know complacency is not good in this context but I am human last time I checked. I've definitely been in a rough patch in adjusting to my new life and so need to be a tad more mindful.

Mothers' Day and I miss having my daughter here but will see her in the next few months when I can get my axxx in gear to make travel plans. And I'm having dinner with two new friends here today.

Have a lovely day!
Old 05-10-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

My youngest son just woke me out of a sound sleep and announced, "Your breakfast's ready!" I came downstairs and voila! He had made me perfectly crisp bacon and a mini-mountain of eggs with bacon and lots of cheese mixed in, And it was his own idea! I didn't have to tell him, "See here, it's Mothers' Day, and I think you should cook me breakfast!"

Now he's gone back to bed.

At church today my 4-year old granddaughter is going to go up on stage and tell the congregation exactly why she loves her mommy (my oldest daughter). My SIL has been coaching her on the sly--it's been really hard to keep my daughter from getting wind of it! She's going to be so happy at the surprise!

Toots, my dad has been pretty good for the last few days. I spoke with the hospice nurse about the accelerated dementia, and she suggested giving him a dose of liquid ativan at dinnertime to prevent the hallucinations. It seems to be helping. Thanks for asking!
Old 05-10-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Apparently my son-in-law told my daughter that she was the most beautiful girl on earth today. My 4-y-o granddaughter had a big tantrum: apparently she was the most beautiful girl on earth!
Old 05-10-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a sunny blue Paradise. It's time to cut the cake Dee kindly brought:

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

Th coffee is ready

I have tea for those who prefer it.

Or you can have one of these

You know what the best think is about being sixty? I am stronger, fitter, healthier and happier than I was at 40. Thank you to each one of you for helping me to get here.

My love to you all.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday Marcher

D
Old 05-10-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Happy Birthdays!

I'm trying hard to not bitch and whine on all threads. It ain't easy.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:46 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you need to vent, vent Trach - there's no gold stars for being stoic

D
Old 05-10-2015, 09:48 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

for the moment tho, we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-41-a.html

D