Notices

Class of April 2015

Old 04-11-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Fone went off last night with invitations to go out for 'a drink'. 'A drink' being shorthand for getting trashed basically with me paying for alcohol and taxis.

Stayed home.
Canguy, great job! Think of all the money you're going to save now! You'll have to think of something special to do or get with your $$$.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Good morning class....Sunday morning, day 12. Fone went off last night with invitations to go out for 'a drink'. 'A drink' being shorthand for getting trashed basically with me paying for alcohol and taxis. Stayed home. Watched another movie on more dark chocolate. Read here....tho it fades out into silence pretty quickly in my time zone as you guys all retire for the night. Actually, didn't even really feel tempted to go.....didn't want to go. Tho I guess I won't get asked again now.....so maybe that I'm a little sorry about. Okay....new day. Hoping for a good one for all of us....
Well done with day 12.

What time zone you in chap? Just past midnight here in sunny SA.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hey all April-ers!
Am sorry to say that I have relapsed. Yup, AV is still controlling me. Just came back from a five-day trip to Santa Fe with my two sisters. We all have emotional/mental issues, but I am the only one of the three of us who is an alcoholic. And... I had wine every evening. My sisters are both "normies" and though we made a pact that we would all try to strive for emotional and physical health, I know that *my* biggest issue is my alcoholism and my lack of accountability. I am sorry that I am not yet at the place I should be and am seriously doubting that I should be in this class. You all are committed to total sobriety. It is the only goal worthwhile. Thank God for you all.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Welcome to all April Class newcomers. Day 7 for me. Thought I would share a talk on "How Great Is Our God" by Louie Giglio. If you have never seen this before; take 41 minutes, watch and be inspired, have a chuckle or shed a tear. You will be amazed at how a golf ball compares to God's greatness. Enjoy and peace to all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=EAzCP8SEKwc
Old 04-11-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

AV is still controlling me.
The AV wrote that

The fact is you are in the one in control - without your cooperation and consent the AV can't possibly get what it wants.

It knows that and is deathly scared of you realising your power
I am sorry that I am not yet at the place I should be and am seriously doubting that I should be in this class.
More AV

What better place to be than a support thread with others trying to quit drinking?
Sobriety is our aim, but it's not a pre-requisite for anyone to post here.

You can be at 'the place' any time you decide to be Tokidoki - truly
I hope you'll re-commit to recovery today

D
Old 04-11-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
Hey all April-ers! Am sorry to say that I have relapsed. Yup, AV is still controlling me. Just came back from a five-day trip to Santa Fe with my two sisters. We all have emotional/mental issues, but I am the only one of the three of us who is an alcoholic. And... I had wine every evening. My sisters are both "normies" and though we made a pact that we would all try to strive for emotional and physical health, I know that *my* biggest issue is my alcoholism and my lack of accountability. I am sorry that I am not yet at the place I should be and am seriously doubting that I should be in this class. You all are committed to total sobriety. It is the only goal worthwhile. Thank God for you all.
Welcome back. Hang in there and give it another try. Change your game plan a bit and have another go.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week Goose

D
Old 04-11-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZaBoozer View Post
Well done with day 12.

What time zone you in chap? Just past midnight here in sunny SA.
Thanks.

UTC + 10.....actually 11 now. Clocks went back an hour last weekend. Southern Australia. Its interesting here watching the days turn....America starts sleeping towards the end of my working day....it goes quiet in the evening and starts to wake up again from 10/11 pm as the Europeans start the day that I'm finishing. The universal cycle.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firefly789 View Post
Canguy, great job! Think of all the money you're going to save now! You'll have to think of something special to do or get with your $$$.

Thanks firefly.
Don't want to sound cynical about it....actually I feel as tho I should cover the tab if invited out. But the last few years there's been too many tabs to cover....

Something special?.......no problems with that, lol
Old 04-11-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Well I didn't make it through my first sober weekend. I went 6 days and blew it last night. Idiot. Acted like a real tool as well. Now I'm hungover and didn't go for my run this morning as I'd planned.

Damn disappointed. Day 1 again today. Had visitors last night was doing so well. No one even noticed I wasn't drinking! This is the thing. I went completely unnoticed. Carried around an empty stubby in a stubby holder and no one thought anything of it. And then half way through the night I though I try just one... One cold one so I could laugh and unwind. Next thing I know I flashed my friends as they're driving out my driveway, ate all the kids chocolate Easter eggs and passed out in my clothes while I still had visitors. FFS.

Now I'm hungover. Feel like a complete moron and the most frustrating thing is... I had the night in the bag. I just got through my first sober Friday night in years too and I was so proud.

Anyway, congratulations to all of you hanging in there. I love this place. It feels so homely. I'm here reading all the time.

Oh Sunday morning here too... East Coast Australia. It's going to be a nice day xx
Old 04-11-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Morning Sparrow.

Oh Well.

You know the drill. Get back on the bike. Next weekend will be yours.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can't overemphasise the importance of coming here if you're tempted to drink.
SR got me through some very dark times and kept me sober

For those who don't know...we close threads at about 500 posts and open a new one...so if you see this one is closed - don't panic

there'll be a link in the last post on this thread to direct you to the new Part 2

D
Old 04-11-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Yep I'm back on the bike. Sigh. But then 6 days is the longest I've been since I was pregnant last... And she is four. So I am proud of that small achievement.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Morning from me too.

Day 14, 2 weeks and my second sober Sunday in a row. Gong to the gym them cherry blossom viewing. Feeling really stoked.

Whodathunkit the weekends being a lesser battle than the weekdays..
Old 04-11-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Thanks dee. Yes I wish I'd come here last night I guess a small part of me though I could just have one. God knows why we try to convince ourselves of this.

I'm keeping SR close by, let me tell you.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

D