Notices

Excuses.. real or self created.

Old 03-30-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think what ZHIK is trying to say is that the future is the future and we can't let our past predict our future because at anytime we can change it.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

because when I looked for help with alcohol and how to quit every med md... etc website said seek help before quitting because I could die with withdrawals. I was convinced I would die if I quit. Yet I had a big thing come up where I had to be sober and it was no problem for days. No withdrawals.

The only reason I drink is cause I have nothing else to do. I have no friends. Its just what I do and I have nothing else to do.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I keep it simple.

For years I didn't want to change. I was scared of change.

I knew the parameters of my life (cos I set them up) and I knew I would rarely have to do something that challenged me or upset me.

I was also terribly terribly unhappy.

All I can say is from the other side of the fence, I can't believe the time it took me to put down the bottle.

I had to crash and burn before I took some action.

Noone should have to go to that extent. I was ridiculously stupid.

I was killing myself, soul first. I had so much potential and I was terrified of using it.

Drinking I was existing. Sober I'm living.

People have given you a lot of reasons to pursue recovery,
I'm hoping you take the leap of faith sooner or later, vendetta

D
Old 03-30-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by vendetta View Post
because when I looked for help with alcohol and how to quit every med md... etc website said seek help before quitting because I could die with withdrawals. I was convinced I would die if I quit. Yet I had a big thing come up where I had to be sober and it was no problem for days. No withdrawals.

The only reason I drink is cause I have nothing else to do. I have no friends. Its just what I do and I have nothing else to do.
If that's really true? Test it.

Do some volunteering in your community.Find a hobby or an interest. Fill your life with things to do. Join social clubs.

If you're right you should never feel the urge to drink again.

D
Old 03-30-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
If that's really true? Test it.

Do some volunteering in your community.Find a hobby or an interest. Fill your life with things to do. Join social clubs.

If you're right you should never feel the urge to drink again.

D
I feel you have missed my point. You are asking me to join social clubs and fill my life with things to do. I am on this forum pouring out my heart about alcohol. I know it's a problem. I also know that I seem to have no social skills. And the reason I'm here is not because of alcohol. It's because I cannot find a better way to spend my time. If i was just an alcoholic then I would drink and fill my time with that. However I am here because I'm lonely. which is psychological.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Every time I respond to what you've written (as above) you tell me that's not what you meant LOL

And the reason I'm here is not because of alcohol. It's because I cannot find a better way to spend my time. If i was just an alcoholic then I would drink and fill my time with that. However I am here because I'm lonely. which is psychological.
all those things I suggested in the previous post are better ways to fill your time and make contacts with human people and perhaps spark friendships.

That's what I did.
It's one of the reasons why I'm not stuck in that 'default = drinking' setting anymore.

We can make suggestions all day long here but if you take none of them up...Nothing much is going to change Vendetta.

D
Old 03-30-2015, 09:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Ok Dee. Let's test it.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:30 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Ok Dee. Let's test it then.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's for your benefit Vendetta not mine, lol.
I hope you find it beneficial

D