Notices

Is anybody excited by their sobriety?

Old 03-30-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Picture,that is ��
Old 03-30-2015, 11:11 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Can I throw in another example? I love going to live gigs. It's exciting to watch a good band rock out. Being sober, I can stay down the front and really concentrate on the sound. That's exciting!
Old 03-30-2015, 11:13 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I am enjoying the little things that I can do now. Like driving to the store at night -- and I am also proud of myself.

I am trying not to be too excited about my sobriety because I don't want to be complacent and stop working at it. At least once a day I have a few minutes to myself to remember graphic and embarrassing details of my former life. That helps. I need to stay grounded.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by SDH73
I do, however, feel something that has been somewhat elusive to me in recent years: hope.
You're not being a downer...you're being real about how you feel. I think the prospect of having hope about the future is powerful. While you may not define it as exciting in the traditional sense, I am very excited for you!
Old 03-31-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I am very excited and happy about it. It has been a huge change and I am enjoying it. It has t been easy and it takes commitment and work but the payoff is amazing!!!
Old 03-31-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

there is a new form of excitement in sobriety it just takes one a short while to find it

keep looking because there is a treasure to be found
Old 03-31-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by SDH73 View Post
At 2+ months I'm over the excitement. I guess I'm in that "flat" phase, too. Going to bed sober and waking up sober are routine now.

That said, everyday is a learning experience. I learn things about myself, others, the world. I see things that I need to work on. I'm learning to deal with things rather than just pushing them aside without examination. It's a pretty steep learning curve, and I'm glad to be doing it. But excited? Pumped? Nah, just trying to get on with my life, really.

I don't mean to be a downer. Not at all. I find living sober to be interesting and (at times) challenging. Well worthy of my best effort. I will continue to celebrate my sober milestones, as they signify a growing distance between where I am and the insanity of where I was. But, at least for now, I just don't feel the excitement.

I do, however, feel something that has been somewhat elusive to me in recent years: hope.
Things will get better SDH - trust me

D
Old 03-31-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

The word I would use if I could only choose one is hopeful.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I am excited that I'm sober i feel reallllyyy good i am lising weight skin looks better puffy eyes gone red eyes gone fitter more e ery mire positive about my lufe give me sobriety any day im living it!
Old 03-31-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I just bought a 2000 dollar planeticket from Australia to holland to see my family to celebrate im sober have saved 2000 in 73 days
Old 03-31-2015, 09:36 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 View Post
It sounds like the ride on the pink cloud! That excitement levels out. The bad stuff comes up to a neutral, tolerable level and the excitability calms down. I still get it every now and again. I'm at a point where I am so levelheaded and content it's foreign to me.

Jennifer
Why being negative why can ine not be super exited like me that their old life of missery and sadness and mess and lying and fighting has gone?
Happy and excited that finally i am in control over my own life and how this life story develops it's soooo cool!
I definitely am and I will work hard to keep this level of contentment. I was just thinking (73 days sober now) walking to my car how much i am enjoying my poxy job now being sover how much happier i am how much more my friends like me now and my boss(es) how proud I am at myself
I think a lot of people here focus on the negatives too much!
I am embracing my sobriety with both arms and It feels amazing I belueve that it can hang aroubd for a long time. Happiness is what you make of it yourself.
Hugs joyce