Notices

Not again!!

Old 03-29-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chordcowboy View Post
Hi CJ

sorry you are going through it. We swapped quite a few posts about these symptoms last week didn't we? I won't try to diagnose your problem but I would offer this.

Whenever anxiety / panic are experienced, it is then quite possible (in my experience) to experience just about any other symptom you can think of. We can become hyper-vigilant of our physical and psychological ordeal and just about any horrible symptom you can imagine can ensue.

In my case, as guilt played a growing role in my hangovers, the levels of anxiety soared and just kept rising. I had panic attacks and felt certain that I was going to die many times. I didn't though, I am pleased to report! :-)

My drinking / smoking pattern has been similar to yours- pretty sure the smokes don't help!

I feel confident that you will be fine. Just eat, drink and move your body in moderation and I think it will wear off.

It is not much fun while it is happening though - I know only too well. The good news is that it really is within your power to stop it. 2 weeks ago today I was recovering from my first binge in many weeks. I felt a lot like you do. Being on here has helped and today I have none of those horrible symptoms - but it took a good 7-10 days to really feel well.

Keep trying. Keep going. Be kind to yourself and don't beat yourself up. Just get back on the horse and treat yourself to the prospect of a couple of sober weeks.

It is still very early days for me. I am no authority but your experiences resonate so much with me so I really do wish you well.

CC
we did indeed, I felt last night....oh I will be ok with a couple....but guess what I am not in a sence it a good thing as shows even a one nighter is bad for me, hope I learn, I hope these weird head sensations go as im worried I didn't have them like this last night but as say it maybe tiredness too....or im kidding myself to believe this , did you have any of head issues like things moving around in head ?
Old 03-29-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

CJ,

honestly, at one time or another I think I had just about every symptom and sensation you can imagine - I won't start to list them because you might 'catch' a few! It happens! :-)

For now, why not commit to the next week without alcohol? Then decide what your next move is. You can always get checked out at the GP when things settle down too.

One little thing - It is great that you are drinking lots of water but don't go too crazy with it you are peeing every 20mins. You can lose salts etc this way too. Just be moderate with it. I used to eat a Macdonalds if I could including a chocolate milkshake. Utter junk of course but it got me liquids, salt, simple carbs etc and always made me feel more human.

Well, I am off to bed now. Don't worry too much. Just concentrate on taking care of yourself for now and healing will begin.

The good news about such sh--ty hangovers is that when you manage a weekend without one it feels magnificent! Better than any drug or drink. So you have plenty to look forward to, my friend! :-)

Chin up and relax a bit. It is overwhelmingly likely that you have done no permanent damage to yourself.

Sleep well CJ

CC
Old 03-29-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

CJ,

honestly, at one time or another I think I had just about every symptom and sensation you can imagine - I won't start to list them because you might 'catch' a few! It happens! :-)

For now, why not commit to the next week without alcohol? Then decide what your next move is. You can always get checked out at the GP when things settle down too.

One little thing - It is great that you are drinking lots of water but don't go too crazy with it you are peeing every 20mins. You can lose salts etc this way too. Just be moderate with it. I used to eat a Macdonalds if I could including a chocolate milkshake. Utter junk of course but it got me liquids, salt, simple carbs etc and always made me feel more human.

Well, I am off to bed now. Don't worry too much. Just concentrate on taking care of yourself for now and healing will begin.

The good news about such sh--ty hangovers is that when you manage a weekend without one it feels magnificent! Better than any drug or drink. So you have plenty to look forward to, my friend! :-)

Chin up and relax a bit. It is overwhelmingly likely that you have done no permanent damage to yourself.

Sleep well CJ

CC
I recon I have , but maybe that's my thoughts I am not shaking which is good! Does anyone recommend kalms for hangover / withdrawals I had some last week when couldn't sleep but after the hangover
Old 03-30-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Feeling much better today after some sleep but still tired as not enough!! Hopefully I can resist any temptations this weekend coming. I still get weird anxiety when here noises and jumpy so know ihave issues to sort, fingers crossed I will but this binging!
Old 03-30-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Cjwat

very pleased to hear that you are feeling better today. Great news :-)

Take care and try to get a couple of good sober weeks under your belt. Either the anxiety will subside or at the very least you will be in a much better position to decide what to do about it.

I have learnt the phrase 'to play the tape through' from this forum and it is very helpful to me. When temptation strikes don't just focus on that first drink; use your experience to spool the film all the way through to the following morning and beyond.

Keep at it and keep taking care.

Best wishes

CC
Old 03-30-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Cjwat

very pleased to hear that you are feeling better today. Great news :-)

Take care and try to get a couple of good sober weeks under your belt. Either the anxiety will subside or at the very least you will be in a much better position to decide what to do about it.

I have learnt the phrase 'to play the tape through' from this forum and it is very helpful to me. When temptation strikes don't just focus on that first drink; use your experience to spool the film all the way through to the following morning and beyond.

Keep at it and keep taking care.

Best wishes

CC
Cheers mate much appreciated, I very nearly recorded myself in a state to remind me when I have the call to go out etc to not drink so I remember what it does to me at present. A few weeks off I think is the way to go for sure.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

having been there and done that and been there and done that and been there and done that again... and again... and again...

I know how you feel.

All I can offer is this; Dust yourself off, renew your resolve, focus on the reasons you'd prefer sobriety, ask yourself how you can give yourself greater support and what ACTIONS you can take to reinforce your choice to be sober this time.

Also; ask yourself DO I REALLY WANT TO BE SOBER? And if the answer is yes... then make a commitment to yourself that you will be this time. And say out loud "Please, help me".

Start there... keep going.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

Planning---> Deciding---> Acting

Recognize their is a difference in each of these. Many of us make out "To-DO" lists, but how much on the list actually gets done? There are the Should Do's The Nice TO Do's and the Must Do's...
Old 03-30-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

Planning---> Deciding---> Acting

Recognize there is a difference in each of these. Many of us make out "To-DO" lists, but how much on the list actually gets done? There are the Should Do's The Nice TO Do's and the Must Do's...
Old 03-30-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by cjwat View Post
no plan just to not get drunk anymore as I cant feel like I am doing, my head is like a sive and I have nerve brain tingles if that makes sence, I am really scared to go sleep incase I die
you need a plan - otherwise you'll keep walking into situations, have the thought a drink would be nice, and have no tools to deal with those thoughts

If you need more support, find it. If you need to use the support you have more effectively, do that. If you need to make some lifestyle changes to support your desire to be sober - do that.

I've been handing out these links a lot lately but there are some great ideas for recovery tools here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html

D