update

Old 03-25-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

update

so, Quite a few family members here on Saturday, and AS was drunk before noon, nasty drunk, yelling at cousins to move their cars. Mom asked her if she was going to work and AS said "Yeah",, but she lit off in the opposite direction to the bar. Long story short, she started pushing her oldest daughter around when daughter tried to stop her from driving, all this with company over.
I came up Monday and AS younger daughter was here, told me that AS was on the phone with detox and sober-living homes, I didn't say anything, you know, actions...Well, took her to detox yesterday, 2 hours away, and when that is finished, she has made arrangements at a womens' home...HUH?
Don't know if it will work, hopeful... AS said the shame, her health, Mom's terminal cancer, the fact AS oldest daughter won't let AS hold her grandchild, all that and the fact she is taking focus off Mom made her reach out on her own,so please, even if it is only until Mom passes, give her some peace!
Old 03-25-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds like a step in the right direction. Calling on her own and recognizing the issues is a good sign. I hope your Mom and you and your family have peace now so you can process and cope with her passing.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sending up many prayers for peace for your dear Mom and for the whole family.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks to all SR friends, don't know how I could have made it through the last couple of days without your good wishes and prayers. This sight has been soooo helpful since I have been unable to see my therapist with any regularity with my mom's condition. Hopeful and praying for AS as the hard work is just beginning. Since she has voluntarily checked herself in, I do have my doubts that she will finish program, but there is peace today!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

AS is in detox, scheduled to leave today. Well, due to my mom's declining health, ect...we were unable to pick AS uptoday and transport her 4 hours to her sober house. I thought she was going to hit the moon when I had to tell her that, but she was REASONABLE and UNDERSTANDING! I had actually written out responses for what I thought as going to be an ugly attack on my not being there for her. SOOOO, my sober brother is transporting AS to new re-hab, also good as he is usually checked out from AS. Last night was first relyy good nights' sleep I've had at my folks since I don't know when once again, thanks for prayers, wishes, and a place to vent!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh, AS is getting out of de-tox TOMORROW, not THAT long of a wait, and she has been the only one there, only patient, and even she said they are great and it's the best detox she's ever been to.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's all great news sadsister.

I know how good it feels when you finally get them into rehab.
I really hope it helps her and hope you have rest and peace with everything you are going through.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

This really is all wonderful news!!!! I hope it continues. Many prayers being said for your little mama, your sister and you!

Please let us know how you are doing when you can.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My brother picked AS up from detox and brought her to her new group-home. He said it is a beautiful place, far enough away from my folks' place and us, but close enough if she needs something. She has to find employment within 2 weeks, attend daily AA meetings, get a sponsor. she is supposed to stay for 6 months and learn how to live in the real world again. A good friend's sister also went through re-hab there and has been successfully dry for over 10 years. HOPEFUL!
On the other hand, my Mom has maybe a few weeks left and I am concerned that that will send AS backwards. Oh well, can't control it...
Have lots of support with extended family helping with my Mom and Dad, thankful that AS was able to keep this promise to my Mom, even if she checks herself out, the peace she has given my Mom means the world to me now, maybe AS is still in there, I had seen a glimpse of her when I brought her up to detox...
Old 03-29-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

You are all in my thoughts and prayers sadsister.

I know the peace you all must feel right now.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So glad that you are able to focus on your mom at this important time. Sending wishes for continued peace, and comfort for your mom, and all of you right now.

hugs
chicory
Old 03-29-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

What a lot of progress. Sending peace & tranquility to you and yours!