Notices

Sober Vapers Part 2

Old 04-04-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Hmmm, I was kind of excited when I saw this thread. I assumed it was about stopping vaping. I was surprised when I read it that it was actually about supporting vaping!!

A little personal history. For almost 30 years I was a very heavy pot smoker. I would smoke tobacco on occasion, usually when at a bar (remember when you could still do that??!!). It was never really my thing and certainly never became a habit/addiction. A few years back I quit smoking pot, I have had a few slips here and there, but for the most part have remained abstinent (except for a couple of years that I spent smoking spice, a bad, bad, bad idea. Don't ever do it!!!) One day I was in the tobacco shop, where I used to buy my spice. They didn't have any but they had these vape pens. I'm not sure why, but I decided to give it a try. Of course I chose the strongest nicotine juice I could find 2.4% and surprise surprise it gave me a nice buzz. Not like pot or spice, but still a buzz, even though it was a bit short lasting.

Fast forward 5-6 years and I am still vaping. Just like the pot, I have steadily increased my usage over time to the point that I use approximately 15 ml of that same 2.4% juice a week. I have a hard time going an hour or 2 without hitting the pen. I wake up in the middle of the night and hit it and go back to sleep. This is the exact same pattern of my marijuana usage. FOR ME it has become a problem. It makes me feel, not good, but I still keep doing it, because, I guess I am addicted to the nicotine.

I am not here to criticize anyone. If vaping is really your thing, then by all means vape on. It PROBABLY is less harmful than smoking tobacco. However there really is not much, if any scientific evidence to bear this out. There is scientific evidence that shows that nicotine can be harmful and it seems, to me, logical that there could be some harm in inhaling any chemical into your lungs, especially if you do it obsessively, as I do.

I'm not really looking to get into an argument with anyone about this, I was just surprised to see this as a topic here. Take care all.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:00 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
quat

Bump