Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 39

Old 04-09-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Thanks Gilmer. April was prepared for her death, in many ways we all were, she prepared us. Like Toots said a light went out but I know others will shine.

Chuff before I go to bed I want to say one thing: I don't want you to disappear again and I want us to be able to help you. You've never been one to ask for help and you tend to dismiss your own needs but you matter. We Marchers are on different stages of the journey but we are on the same journey. None of us has any baggage that shocks another Marcher and there is no such thing as overweight baggage.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

What Marcher said Mick.

I'm sorry about your friend Marcher. I remember you talking about her. She sounded lovely. A classy cool woman who did it her way. I'm sure she will be terribly missed but what a gift to have even known her.

Late for work...again.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Thanks Marcher
I understand completely what you are saying I really do....lets just say I was lost in fog for a while.....its now cleared.....and I have know intention of disappearing again...thank you for always being there....always being a friend.
Mick x
Old 04-09-2015, 02:33 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Chuff, they took me back in after more than a year away. I went WAY off the reservation. But, I fought my way back and when I showed up here...well...they insisted I rejoin the 2013 Marchers. I mean as in stalked me and threatened me! J/K, of course. But I sure needed them a few weeks ago when I wandered off the reservation again. Having the Marchers to turn to meant a two day misadventure instead of weeks or months. So, hang around.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Chuff, hanging around here was frustrating for me when I couldn't stay sober but nobody made me feel crummy, I did that all by myself. After much kindness and acceptance here, I finally became determined to stop and became willing to do whatever it took. I kept up here and added other f2f programs. Finally things started to feel like they were falling into place. I'm staying alert, however. It took about 3-4 months before I started feeling like I might just be able to do this. It's definitely one day at a time!
Old 04-09-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers I do believe that you northern hemispherers have taken my sunshine and warm temperatures, c'mon own up, who's hogging all the warmth?

I have friends coming for lunch on Sunday, one of them is very good at tipping back a glass/bottle and usually ends up sozzled. It really used to bother me when we got together because it would set off AV. Last night I was thinking about what food to make, then I found myself thinking of a fruit/mineral water spritzer I am going to make, then I thought of this friend and found it didn't worry me at all. I'll talk to him happily for the first two hours then, when he gets to the rambling stage I'll be serving coffee and dessert -- and having some myself. I remember when I used to skip coffee and dessert, the perfect time to get another three glasses down.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Ah yes, Marcher, I too remember skipping coffee & dessert, oh and most of my meal. Food interfered too much with my buzz. And I'm sorry to say we have you're warmth - it's been around 85F all week. Don't worry, you'll get it back in a few months

Going to go read in bed before I nod off for the night - good night all!
Old 04-09-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Marcher - so sorry for your loss.

Shoes - glad you are cooking more. I just counted and I've made 24 meals in the past 2 months. That's more than I've cooked in the past 2 years. I find it relaxing, where I can just focus on the task without all of my other stresses and worries. I also get to use my creative side as I play around with recipes. For example, Plated just sent me the ingredients for Chicken Tikka Masala, which is one of my favorite dishes. The recipe is pretty on point, but I've made it before the traditional way, so I'm going to toast up a bunch of cardamom and coriander seeds to build the base of my sauce and make my own ghee (indian clarified butter).

Ethiopian food is delicious. You eat with your hands using bread as a utensil. The dishes are usually very "paste" like (in a good way - kind of like hummus). Lots of vegetarian choices. Many of the sauces are yogurt-based.

As for the tea, you're thinking of Moroccan food.

Definitely give it a shot.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Good morning Marchers I do believe that you northern hemispherers have taken my sunshine and warm temperatures, c'mon own up, who's hogging all the warmth?
Me. It's beautiful here.

Really annoyed because I didn't get paid again. And I'm running late, so love to all of the Marchers.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Aha, Duff! Now we know the culprit who is hogging all the warmth! We had snow (!) last night :-(
Old 04-09-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Saskia
I don't feel crummy hun I like hanging around with you guys
We all make decisions in life, its only later that we find out if they were the wrong ones.
What I find so frustrating is that I feel I should know better by now.....Im 60 next year for goodness sake!!
I am going to stay.....I may not be the chirpy chuff for a while......but Im sure he will come back one of these days.
Take care everyone and thanks again for all you encouraging comments.
Mick x
Old 04-09-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

You were chirpy???
Old 04-09-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

LOl.....Hysterically!!
Old 04-09-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Chuff: You mentioned age, and "knowing better by now." For me,
AV adjusts the reasons for relapse according to my age or stage in life.
For example, I was able to retire in October. Can you imagine what would have happened if I did not treat myself to internet and come back with our beloved Marchers????
See, AV would be saying "Why not drink... you have plenty of time on your hands, plus...wait for it... your drinking was never as bad as your pill habit, and you managed to quit those...plus, you can sleep in most mornings, so it doesn't matter if you wake up with headaches or feeling blah...
Yep, for me, AV will always be lurking, just waiting for me to not be vigilant, which is why I read the posts every day, and have a plan this time around.

Toots: Thanks for the updates on N.T. and P.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

1Day
Thanks hun and I do understand you....my AV has been giving me different reasons and the truth was I wanted to listen it, agreed with the voice that drinking would make things easier somehow......but of course it didn't.
Im not going to beat myself up about the past, as its gone, but I can change my future, and that means reading posts daily and formulating a plan of my own.
Mick x
Old 04-09-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Chuff, sorry to break the news but I do believe I'm probably the oldest one on this thread . While you were away, I moved to the old folks' home :-). Really and truly!
Old 04-09-2015, 09:07 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers:

I am currently at the AWP conference (huge writing conference of nearly 12,000 writers, grad students, professors, writing instructors, editors, agents, publishers, etc. etc.) so just popping in to send you all my best and say again how thrilled I am Mick is back.

I will leave you with a writer-ly thought...

Old 04-09-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy, North

time for a new thread guys:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-40-a.html

D