Mandala Therapy

Old 08-30-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I haven't done any of these in too long.... so last week I pulled out a new book I bought last month. This one is a floor exercise, lol; it's poster-sized designs can be easily framed. (16x20 I think?)

I threw down my yoga mat & dove in. As soon as RAH entered the room he said - I want to color! (and he did, although he picked a smaller book) Truth be told, we never abandoned coloring as adults & lonnnnnnnnng before DD ever came along we already had our own books & crayons, etc. (I share a lot, but not my coloring crayons, pencils or markers. I really love all the options for adult coloring books that are all the rage now though.)

I slept better that night & every night since then when I've taken time to sit down, slow down, & add more to it (it's too large to finish in one sitting). This is such a GREAT way to do an "active meditation". I had to go searching for this old thread today..... so many great links, thanks again to all who contributed!!

Old 08-30-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

FS, I have 3 mandalas that I colored some time ago taped to the wall by my bed. I want to get my lovely pencils out again, but I think for me it's going to have to be a rainy day/wintertime project; too dang much to do outside while the weather allows!

Hmm, just stumbled across these images--it never occurred to me to do something like this, kind of a watercolor wash, rather than coloring in each section individually...interesting idea!