Notices

I post here

Old 02-28-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I post here

I post in the alcoholism section because I am not "sober" nor in recovery. But I do want to improve, and I know I have an issue. I have fallen, I will get back up. No workouts today, I will focus on food and sleep.
I feel fortunate to a degree that when I do drink, I simply fall asleep, I am too old to go crazy like when I was younger. Certainly doesn't make it right, but since I have joined this site, one thing I will not do is lie. Hope you all have a great weekend. I am sorry.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope you have a nice weekend also. I am glad that you feel comfortable posting here. If you ever need someone to just listen, I can do that

I'm a bit older also, drinking is not all that it is cracked up to be

You don't need to keep drinking. A lot of people here will get you the help you want (if any)

If you just want to talk, you got me

No need to be sorry, I'm glad you decided to post
Old 02-28-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by airwick View Post
I hope you have a nice weekend also. I am glad that you feel comfortable posting here. If you ever need someone to just listen, I can do that

I'm a bit older also, drinking is not all that it is cracked up to be

You don't need to keep drinking. A lot of people here will get you the help you want (if any)

If you just want to talk, you got me

No need to be sorry, I'm glad you decided to post
Thanks Airwick, I may take you up on that.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

wish you would have posted before you drank. it might have gotten you through the craving
Old 02-28-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can make Sobriety happen!!

Plenty of support and advice here on SR Thomas!!
Old 02-28-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

least your a straight shooter. Just dust yourself off and get back on the wagon. Breaking the cycle is the trick. each time you win the battle of the urge to drink you get that much stronger and are able to defeat the urge easier subsequent times.

But yeah when you wake up feeling crummy going ugg now i cant work out now i'll feel like trash etc.. try to remind yourself of that next time you get the urge.

Its gotten to the point with me that I will not take nyquil benadryl or eat certain foods etc.. all because I know it will hinder how i feel and screw with my next days run etc..

I got a bottle of cough syrup with codeine in it. I had a bad cough desperately wanted sleep and was like Nope. not gonna do it. and oh yeah do i ever know how awesome that stuff can be ::facepalm:: But i also know i'd pay the price the following day and its not worth it to me. I also know that if i mess around today I'm liable to mess around tommorrow. Its like you do it once its easier to justify doing it again. Its best to just not even bother.

you'll get this. i went stir crazy when i first quit. just gotta occupy your time. Idle hands are the devils play ground. You get that itch just dont scratch it with booze find something else.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

" Idle hands are the devils play ground." So darn true.

As I have read on this site many times, it took many years to get to this point, I cannot(or will not) fix it in a day. The unconditional support here brings a tear to my eye. no one has ever given two sh*ts about me.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Any sober day is a win and most lose a few along the way, Tomorrow is ours to win so lets get on with it!
Old 02-28-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
" Idle hands are the devils play ground." So darn true.

As I have read on this site many times, it took many years to get to this point, I cannot(or will not) fix it in a day. The unconditional support here brings a tear to my eye. no one has ever given two sh*ts about me.

Unconditional support moves mountains.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Hello Thomas! Hopefully once you feel better you can enjoy the rest of the weekend without the need for alcohol.

Be safe friend