Notices

And...here comes the weekend.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

And...here comes the weekend.

Alright, my usual routine on a Friday is, after work, to go score some booze and then head to the dealer and score the mighty powder. Up all night cutting lines and washing it down with Bourbon to induce a passing out come down.

I've mentioned before that the justification is always, "Hey it's the weekend." I've always figured that the consequences are minimal, i.e. no job to worry about showing up for the next day. But then Sunday always rolls around and I still feel like I'm in a stupor and I wasted what should have been MY time to enjoy and be productive with chores, errands, hobbies, time with family and friends, etc.

I've got three days. I went to the gym last night and did a light workout, came home and read, and went to sleep early. I slept well and now I feel pretty good and alert. I really do NOT want to use this weekend. I want to keep the momentum going and try to accumulate more good clean time.

Wish me the best.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

stay the course JD, check in with weekender thread to see what some other folks are up to... good inspiration and a little nonsense thrown in...

AND full of support for anyone who needs it
Old 02-27-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JoyDivision View Post
Alright, my usual routine on a Friday is, after work, to go score some booze and then head to the dealer and score the mighty powder. Up all night cutting lines and washing it down with Bourbon to induce a passing out come down.

I've mentioned before that the justification is always, "Hey it's the weekend." I've always figured that the consequences are minimal, i.e. no job to worry about showing up for the next day. But then Sunday always rolls around and I still feel like I'm in a stupor and I wasted what should have been MY time to enjoy and be productive with chores, errands, hobbies, time with family and friends, etc.

I've got three days. I went to the gym last night and did a light workout, came home and read, and went to sleep early. I slept well and now I feel pretty good and alert. I really do NOT want to use this weekend. I want to keep the momentum going and try to accumulate more good clean time.

Wish me the best.
I hear ya. I'm only on day three myself, but I usually down around 12 beer on Thursday nights because the next day is Friday and hell, that's almost the weekend right? It seems so crazy that we choose to waste our weekends like this. If I can get through this weekend, it will be the first sober weekend I've had in so long. Months.. probably close to a year. What's so fun about drinking? I almost always drink alone. It's like a habit.. I just assume I have to drink on Friday and/or Saturday night to make the weekend feel complete. I never think about the hangover and the dizziness and inability to hold any food down or how I neglect my family in these situations. It's so irrational.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I've mentioned before that the justification is always, "Hey it's the weekend."
That's the justification for using. What's the reason?

Addiction?

What's the reason you are here? To kick this addiction.

Good luck.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I always use alone too. I'm not even sharing with someone. I just hole up in my house and get wasted. It makes no sense. By the end of the weekend I see all the purposely missed calls and ignored text messages from people with whom I could have probably spent some quality time. I look at the undone laundry, the cluttered house, the never started projects, the unread books, and then always start the week beating myself up over what a waste it all was. That's to say nothing about the money spent as well. So pointless.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The weekends for me were always a free pass to get drunk and not have to worry about work. But like you said, it's pointless. Life unlived, all the missed opportunities. For what? My world closed in on me and it consisted of four walls and pain.

You can get through it. Check out the weekenders thread. This weekends topic is support and reaching out. Along with fun and lunacy. We are always there and I've made connections with people who have come to know me because I keep coming back.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad your here JD........weekender thread link

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...march-1-a.html
Old 02-27-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah, Thursday and Friday are my "peak" times for caving in to my addiction. It's going to be tough. I don't have internet at home; maybe I should go to some coffee joint and mooch off of there wi fi so I can stay on the weekender thread.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've mentioned before that the justification is always, "Hey it's the weekend." I've always figured that the consequences are minimal, i.e. no job to worry about showing up for the next day.
A majority of my drinking has been based around a justification over the years. Drinking whilst watching football, ready before going out, its the weekend "ive earnt" and so on.

I cant give you an answer as I have fallen on and off so many times but soon as you break the routine a few times it helps. For me it was getting to a point where I disassociated drinking with the 'justification'.

Good luck
Old 02-27-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Good luck and keep telling yourself you can do this
Old 02-27-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi JoyDivision..thats my favourite all time band and 'Love will tear us apart' my favourite all time song...
Old 02-27-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

For me it was all about planning things out beforehand, leaving nothing to chance, activities, support, plenty of SR, change up routines/habits, make Sobriety happen no matter what!!

You can do this!!
Old 02-27-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hie thee to the Weekenders' thread! We'll keep you busy.

JD, glad you're back. Keep coming.