Notices

I can't do this anymore

Old 01-31-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can't do this anymore

I know just the other day I said I wanted to keep drinking, but I don't. I really, really don't. I want out of this hell. I can't live through another post drinking day. I can't. I'm shaking as I write this. I feel so awful & psychotic. What do I do? How do I stop? I'm scared, but I don't ever want to feel like this again.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It does get worse and worse each time, no question about that.

If you want to stop you can do that. Get rid of alcohol you have in the house. Make a plan as to how you will move forward. There are likely people or activities in your life that are linked to drinking, so you need to think about what to do with those. Know for sure that you can do this.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You don't ever have to feel like this again!!

Make today Day 1!! You can do this!!
Old 01-31-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can definitely stop drinking, drinkingdinos.

As Anna mentioned, make your home a safe zone; get rid of all the alcohol in your house.

You mentioned severenpanic attacks in your initial SR post; a visit with your doctor to discuss your drinking, anxieties and panic attacks would probably be wise.

Stay close to SR. We are here for you 24/7/365.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You never have to feel like this again if you don't want to.
You just have to make sure you don't pick up that 1st drink.

Is that a good feeling that you will be okay and all you have to do is not drink that first drink?

Have you looked at urge surfing and AVRT?
They are really useful tools to have when you are wanting a drink or when that voice in head comes along in your head telling you to have a drink. The ones that say '1 drink won't hurt' or 'you have done 2 days, you got it wrong. How can you have a drink problem if you have gone a week without alcohol. You deserve a drink', Or even 'its friday, everyone drinks on a friday'

I wish you the best xx
Old 01-31-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi drinkingdinos

Anna had some great suggestions there - I'd also recommend seeing a DR iof yyou;'ve been drinking for a while or are worried about withdrawal

above all - post here as often as you want - really become part of this community - there's great support here

D
Old 01-31-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sorry for the pain you're in - here's where it can end. We know you can do it. You sound ready to get free.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. It's hard to stop drinking, at first it's very hard. But the longer you stay sober the better you'll feel.

You'll find lots of support here.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Im with D & Anna see a Dr about safe WD because the longer we drink the more dangerous it gets

Im 5000% about Anna's suggestions
Old 01-31-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

After a long binge, it was the awful depression and anxiety the next day that kept me drinking. I just couldn't stand the anguish and panic. It felt like my world was collapsing. The emotions take a few days to even out. 3 days until I could sleep at all. Not one wink. Keep posting here. I know it's a lonely place you are in right now.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm 19 living at home with my parents. Getting rid of all the alcohol isn't an option, but I've drank most of it at this point tbh. I'm pretty scared of the withdrawals as I've had them before & uh, they're pretty terrifying to say the least. I don't have a doctor anymore since I'm not a minor, but I was thinking about talking to the health & counseling center at school. It's a start I guess, but I still have the weekend to get through.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would definitely talk to the health centre. ER is always an option over the weekend , if you need it.

Have you considered talking to your parents about this at all?

D
Old 01-31-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I didn't have a doctor either when I was first really struggling with withdrawls and always went to the ER. Frankly, they see a lot of it there, so there's no reason to be ashamed at all. Just to be safe, that might be your best option.

I forget; do your parents know about the problem? If so, what do they think or suggest? If not, I'd tell them. They can help you by hopefully hiding or locking up the alcohol if you're living there. My foster family did that for me while I was there, and it was very helpful, as was their support. I hope you get the same from your parents.

Keep us posted <3
Old 01-31-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I agree about the ER. They will take great care of you. I too had absolute horror withdrawals that I live in fear of. You can stop, and you can look forward to a life free of that fear. That's what I'm trying to do right now. One day at a time. You might think this is kinda funny suggestion, but the big hospital near me has tons of waiting rooms, vending machines and free wifi!! If you are feeling very anxious about withdrawal, just go hang out at the hospital. You could check in if you needed to, if not you were at least close by and relatively comfortable while you saw how it went. I'll be thinking of you.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I don't think I'm bad enough to head to the ER, but I live within a mile of the hospital and will go if anything starts going seriously wrong. I've been forced to cold turkey before & know the worst is usually over by day 3 or 4.
I haven't told my parents & honestly don't plan to at this point. My mom has been suspicious since Christmas though, but I've been lying to her. I'd tell her if I thought it would be helpful, but from past experiences I know it's the exact opposite of what I need right now. She locked up the alcohol awhile ago, but it doesn't help cuz picking the lock is beyond easy. I already feel like drinking again. Ugh. :/
Old 01-31-2015, 09:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well, don't drink. Read the start of this thread if you need a reminder. Eat something sweet maybe. I ate a ton of ice cream in the beginning. I also had horrible panic attacks related to withdrawal. I don't know if you had them before you started drinking but once I quit they have gone away.

Keep posting. You can do it.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:30 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Its horrible and it sucks, we all been through it

im in very early stages "again" and i feel like death

Just got to ride it out, seek help, get support, and you have to make the change no one else can
Best of luck
Old 01-31-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm in the same boat.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by drinkingdinos View Post
I know just the other day I said I wanted to keep drinking, but I don't. I really, really don't. I want out of this hell. I can't live through another post drinking day. I can't. I'm shaking as I write this. I feel so awful & psychotic. What do I do? How do I stop? I'm scared, but I don't ever want to feel like this again.
Your post was my life June 27th, 2014. i could not do one more day. the good news is you don't have to. As they say, you never have to feel this way again. It's not easy but can be done.

I can relate because I quickly went from the I'll stop someday" today to "I have to stop now" mindset.

You can do it. It may take a while but you will learn that not drinking is actually easier than drinking. I mean that there are no more hangovers, you save a lot of money, and your behavior is within your own control. Everything gets better.