Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

not so good day today, up and down judt want to feel fresh and well for my fam...

Notices

not so good day today, up and down judt want to feel fresh and well for my fam...

Old 01-30-2015, 12:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Day 67 today, woke up feeling bit crap then was a bit groggy sober hangover like rest of the day. I eat a lot at night before bed and a lot of salty food, otherwise I slept well. Sleepings gradually improving. Just getting frustrated that one day I think "great im starting to feel better", then have ssys when I feel bit light headed ache in back of head and neck and yuk. Those are the days it feels like I will never get better.... so its a bit up and down....but I did polish off 12 beers plus a night for the better part of 10 years I guess....anyone else relate?
Old 01-30-2015, 12:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It took me a long time to feel 'normal' let alone good, Justin....much longer than I expected...but it will happen, providing you stay sober and keep yourself in reasonable shape with exercise and diet.

Don't lose heart - the first 90 days were a game of snakes and ladders for me...it got a lot more constant after that

D
Old 01-30-2015, 12:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in, mrjustin. The six month mark was a real turning point for me; that was when I started to leave behind the lethargy and foggy-brain - when it began to noticeably lift and improve.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job on 67 days sober MrJustin i remember those first 90 days it was a rollercoaster of emotions

do you keep a personal journal ? that really helped me in my first year
Old 01-30-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, yep got a journal of sorts running wolf, its amazing the difference reading back over the warly days, one say I hope to look back on these days too.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there, there's always gonna be a few rougher days early on!!

Took a good few months for me to adjust, after drinking for years, I guess that's to be expected!!

Great job on 67 Days!!
Old 01-30-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Totally feel you, exactly the same here. Sober hangover, shoulder aches, stomach turning, and the ever present dull ache in my head and neck. Hang in there. I'm looking forward to when this passes.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Nuamh,

How many days in are you?
Old 01-30-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Way to go, MrJustin! You are doing great. Your health will keep improving with time.

Hugs
chic
Old 01-30-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I find that slightly discouraging. I'm on day 32 and I feel like crap all the time. Was hoping it would get better soon. Oh well.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're proud of you Mrjustin - 67 days is wonderful. Your frustration is normal, we all go through it. I remember feeling much better at around 90 days. Everything will get better.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Body is starting to stabilize, brain will follow but you have to be patient and kind to yourself. You will start getting better soon. You are still in early recovery but you have passed very-early recovery. Keep pushing! It's worth it!!!
Old 01-30-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

hi Justin, I am 10 days ahead of you and totally relate. I also feel good days and not so good days. But the not so good days are 100x better than the hungover days I used to have.
The other thing I have noticed is how my body react to different food. I was too numb to notice this before. I used to hear people saying things like fast food gives me a headache but I didn't really. I just knew feeling ok and feeling hungover or drunk.
Just stick to the plan, what you are going through seems normal.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Snakes and Ladders--that is exactly what those first 90 days in particular are like! 4+ months in, and it is getting a bit better. Also my junk food mania does seem to be lessening, although I still indulge when I'm feeling cravings. Strangely, all this ice cream seems to be giving my runs a lot of steam--go figure.

Hang in there. You are doing so wonderfully!!
Old 01-30-2015, 09:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

I never enjoyed those sober hangovers. They always seem unjustified. But the body has to cleanse itself and brings some of those discomforts in the process. Mine passed in about two weeks, so I was a lucky one. If it takes longer for some, just remember, it will pass and you will level out.