Notices

Really Horrid side effect from stopping drinking alcohol....

Old 01-29-2015, 01:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Really Horrid side effect from stopping drinking alcohol....

I used to gave to undo the top button of my work pants, and they kept busting if I tried to do them up. Now they will fall down if I dont do it up!

Did anyone else find the weight dropped off them when they quit? Ive still more to lose but ive lost 10 kg abd about 6 cm of my waist. And ive only just started to get back into excersise, so it was calories alone! What a wonderful side effect of a truly miserable time quitting. Anyway enough about me how are you today? How was your day?
Old 01-29-2015, 02:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post mrjustin,

I've lost 19lbs since I turned my life around,

Stick at it fella,

Bruno.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

I've lost about 16 lbs in three months, and it's still coming off, slower now, but steady, probably two or three pounds a week. Don't have scales at home but I can see it in my face and stomach.

I look completely different, and you will too. My friends have commented on how much healthier and younger I look.

Quitting can be tough at times, but hang in there Justin, you are doing it and it's worth it in the long run my friend.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can top that. Been out for a strenuous walk this morning with my two dogs. Clambering down a bank with my now sober energy I slipped on the snow, tripped over a root and hurtled six feet landing on the side of my face. The inside of my mouth is all shredded by my teeth and I have a nasty gash on my cheek and shin. I had to phone my partner to come get me!

It felt worse than it is though I am going to have a hell of a black eye I think!

See what happens when you quit drinking!! ;-)
Old 01-29-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Omg Mentium! Hops youre ok! At least youre body will heal quicker now!
Old 01-29-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think I dropped about 10-12lbs initially without much effort. The empty wine calories I was consuming was atrocious. Ugh.
It's plateaued now, but you can't fake the better skin, no bloated face and brittle hair.

all kinds of great benefits from putting the bottle down.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

I lost weight eventually but at first i put on weight

Nice post
Old 01-29-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was normal to begin with. After quitting I have lost some weight and now I can eat whatever I want and not gain weight. I still watch what I eat but quitting drinking definitely made a difference. Themost valuable change for me has been the way my skin looks. I have noticed that little expression marks are gone and my pores look smaller. I look hydrated and don't get bags under my eyes. It's really wonderful!!!
Old 01-29-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I lost almost 40lbs (18KG) the first year of sobriety - I didn't even need to lose that much but it just dropped off me like crazy! I'm 2.5 years sober now and almost 40 years old....but I am living in the body of a 25 year-old. Just amazing! So happy to hear your story also, keep up the good work, it's truly worth it!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I haven't lost that much as I have developed a sweet tooth! Oops! Going to start again Monday to try and loose some weight but still I have lost some!
Old 01-29-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

I've lost 15 lbs myself since I quit drinking. Still got another 50lbs to go, but it's all good in the hood. Now that I am not drinking the weight is coming off at a rate I am satisfied with. I also log my calories on My Fitness Pal & try to get on my treadmill a minimum of 3 times a week.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yeap dropped a few Ibs simply taking away thousands of calories a week!!