Notices

Off the wagon...

Old 01-30-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi sleepie;

You know, you just keep trying and putting more and more days together.

You will get there if you don't quit quitting, if that makes sense . . .
Old 01-30-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you Hawkeye, that makes total sense. It's how I'm looking at it. Cliche, but keep trying. Another weekend, so I can relax, regroup and refresh.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sleepie....

I spoke to you a couple days ago about things and worry. I know how you feel when comes to the pressure of LIFE. The stress of all of it. The anxiety to deal with people places and things without a smidgen of courage under your belt even if it is simply the bottle of mouthwash no one will notice that. Well let me ask you to go read my story OR hear this....I have tried AA at least 29 times and I know this from one day chips cos my mouth ran out of room stuffing them in there til they melted before i could drink everytime i went to a new spin dry 28 day live in or outpatient program....it happened when i went to the shrinks and the professionals who knew better how i could or should drink....it even happened i collected a few 24 chips in the pen and county buckets....but even in the buckets you have bread bags and yeast with fruit...dammm those fools just tempted me to making my own...

It is not so difficult as your making it......the best way to soberity....GET OUT OF YOUR WAY......let it happen and quit trying to think if it works, if it is forever, if it will work for you, how will you handle it, how will your friends accept it, how will the job allow a sober drunk there....and so on........

You tried only the SR route.....that bus gets you to the sober land BUT it is only one method of transportation to get to your destination...now why not try several ways to get to sober land and enjoy each ride AA bus, SMART, ZEN, biblical or religious approach, meditation......they are all tools which will work from what some have said....I use AA personally and have 11 years coming this march god willing...

You can choose to listen to suggested opinions and what works for others or leave it ....same as anything it is all about choices and what we do with them

Good Luck and hope you have a sober 24
Old 01-30-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sleepie, don't worry about making as many threads as you need.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Who suggested AVRT (is that right?) with a link? I read some.

any time the urge came to drink, I pretended it came from that old gf who lied and cheated and made me look like a fool time after time, just like alcohol. She made me feel sick and miserable and worthless, just like alcohol. I would never ever get involved in any way with her ever again, not for any reason. That mental association made it easier to turn away from the urge, confident in my resolve for the life I knew I could have.
This is brilliant! I can apply this to a number of things. Associating it with something awful that hurt you.

I can get on board with that, thanks!

And that alcohol might be ok for some, just like the person or thing that hurt you- maybe not bad for someone else but no good for you.

This makes total sense to me. This is so imaginative. I understand this.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

If you cannot go to a physical location for meeti8ngs or the meditation group, you could try surfing youtube for meditation videos and speaker tapes. There's alot of personal blogs out there by people in recovery, those who aren't in A.A. and those that are.