Notices

Basketball games

Old 01-27-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Basketball games

Day 2. Feeeling good. On my way home and there is a warriors game on tonight. I used to watch them qnd drink about 3/4 of a bottle of jack and by then end of the game, i was incoherent. I realize the reason i watched them was because as soon as the kids went to bed, it was qt least two more hours of a game to keep me company while i drank. Its crazy how mch of my life was built on creating opporunities to get wasted. I could get up the ne t morning and pull off work a little cloudy, but still pull it off. High functioning. Never again! Thanks for listening.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I agree only with me it was a pc game called Starcraft 2. I'd waste hours being wasted and be halfway detoxing the next day. I'd have to drink to stave off withdrawal till I got home. It's not something I would ever do again. It was awful.

Day 3 for you will be great my friend. Just make sure to be mindful of cravings. (i'm only 24 days)
Old 01-27-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's funny. They're playing the Bulls tonight. I used to sit and get drunk watching the bulls play.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Go, Warriors! And with the way they are playing this season, who wants to get wasted and miss a shot ��
Old 01-27-2015, 10:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bulls win!!
Old 01-28-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

watching games is much more enjoyable when sober. you can actually see what is going on AND remember it and talk about the next day - or week.

an aside, I wasn't able to go the the last game DR J played against warriors. I think I had duty. My friend called me from Phoenix and said he got tix to Dr J's last game there. So the morning after the warriors game I am waiting at the Oakland airport for my flight. Yep - I sat with the Sixers on that flight. I might have been the only 'civilian' on the plane. Pretty cool. Stupid me, I had a cast on my foot - broke it playing bball - but since I wasn't an autograph guy I never thought to ask. I should have asked for better seats tho.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

In my drinking days watching golf was the best. It lasted all day. I would wake up the next day and have no idea who won.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job on day 2 bud
Old 01-28-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I used to do the same with ice hockey and NFL games but I finally grew to enjoy those games for the game itself without the alcohol!!

Day 2 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!