Notices

Paws symptoms 2 month mark

Old 01-26-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're concerned about anything Carlingford, it's always best to see your Dr.

D
Old 01-27-2015, 01:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Originally Posted by SarahB60 View Post
You have to do a lot of self talking to get out of the cycle of fear. .
Brilliant advice here, thank you Sarah.

Good self- talk is surprisingly effective for lots of things.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm nearing the 2 month mark and can relate to how you're all feeling. The worst was a week ago when depression hit me because I thought I had stomach cancer. Saw a Dr. and it's just heartburn from all the years of poisoning my body.

Working on anxiety & mood-swings. By far the best thing helping is your support, advice and stories I get from you guys, reminder I'm not alone in this fight & everything shall pass. Just have to take it easy and never go back to drinking/getting high.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

I can relate to most of this stuff

Drink again and the healing has to start again

Not for this little black duck

Not any not ever

V
Old 01-27-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thirty day mark today, and still feeling pretty wretched. I need to stop hitting the sweets at night. I had an apple fritter about an hour before bed and I feel groggy and disoriented this morning. When I was doing AA they told me that sugar helps. I'm not so sure that was good advice from what I hear here and at WebMD.

Onward...
Old 01-27-2015, 03:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

totally agree Placebo, well done on 2 Months
Old 02-01-2015, 12:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Today ive got a headache back of neck and head ferl bit mild dizzy spaced feeling. So sick of how long this is taking been so up and down feeling good then crap....day 69 today...didnt helped that I overslept this morn n woke up feeling crap. Aaw the psyche yesterday she said im suffering stress
Old 02-01-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Feeling crap tonight
Old 02-01-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Did the psych offer any suggestions Justin?

D
Old 02-01-2015, 02:05 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I can relate, day 45 for me. The last couple of weeks my mood is swinging around all over the place. I will go from feeling wretched and depressed to happily euphoric and back within hours. It's a pain in the arse. But better than where I was 45 days ago.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Day 35. Still headachy in the afternoons and evenings. Nothing too severe, and I am not taking ibuprofen anymore. Cutting out the sugar has helped. Mild anxiety, and irritability, but I am seeing improvement. I just got a decent eight hours sleep, but it feels like I drank last night. I alternate between a voracious appetite and mild nausea.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I have forgotten the trash, left stove eyes on and backed the van out of garage with hatch up shattering the glass and have a 20% success rate of getting my wife or 3 daughters names right when I address them. Same problem typing posts--they rarely look exactly like what I was thinking. Driving to a destination that is routine requires concentration at 7.5 months. I make lists (and invariably lose them) and it helps. Lots of re-routing going on upstairs. I'm kinda grateful I'm not better over night and being mindful of the small wins is just more realistic and growed-up. I don't even call it PAWS--I call it backing out of the rabbit hole.
2 nights ago in bed (the only time we get to have one on one convo) my wife was open to hear a bit about Buddhism and I went on for 2 hrs. and was able to convey 90% of what is very real to me with mucho passion. It was a moment. Over the last 30 years about half have been sober for me and when I'm not a drunk I'm a spiritual experience sponge and have finally become a practitioner. Every second of the sober time was productive in retrospect--maybe even moreso than I thought.... Gosh, I thought I had more but... Gotta go make a small list for today.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hang in there Justin!!