Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 3

Old 01-02-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by ANewDayNYC View Post
Since Fridays are my toughest day, it is really important for me to develop a Friday routine. I have decided to go to Barnes and Noble bookstore and I am happy. I have coffee and can read books and magazines and feel “like I am out”. I can read all the books I always felt I never had time to do. It’s a huge adjustment (the calm and stable atmosphere), but I don’t have to deal with the chaotic consequences of my drinking. I am glad I am breaking my habit of going to bars on Friday. Really feeling hopeful for 2015.
I love this! Friday night was always a bar night for me too. I always held out hopes that it wouldn't end in the usual drunken misunderstandings and hurt feelings and fights that my friends would inevitably get into. Of course nothing ever changed and I'm so glad I'm not sitting in a bar tonight! I'm glad you're not either!! Coffee and books sound lovely!!
Old 01-02-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I am so happy quite a few of us survived the holidays and others have a new determination to be sober!!

I have an interview Mon woohoo! It would be assisting low income people with housing and working with the landlords...a bit different than the corporate world I have always worked in(and disliked) I really like the idea of helping people. I actually put a post on FB to see if anyone knew of any openings anywhere and a friend from high school contacted me about this one. I would not have reached out had I been drinking.

Stay strong everyone! Xoxox
Oh Della! Will be thinking of you Monday with fingers crossed! Sounds like an awesome opportunity! All because you are sober! Woohoo!!
Old 01-02-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I am so happy quite a few of us survived the holidays and others have a new determination to be sober!!

I have an interview Mon woohoo! It would be assisting low income people with housing and working with the landlords...a bit different than the corporate world I have always worked in(and disliked) I really like the idea of helping people. I actually put a post on FB to see if anyone knew of any openings anywhere and a friend from high school contacted me about this one. I would not have reached out had I been drinking.

Stay strong everyone! Xoxox
Della that really sounds like a good way to create a positive influence within your community. I like that alot!

Good luck to you
Old 01-02-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Good luck Della!! I hope you get it!
Old 01-02-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hello everyone Day 35, hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Happy for you Della! It's amazing how we can actually problem solve and take care of things so much better sober. I procrastinate so much when I'm drinking!

NYC.. I love the Barnes and noble idea. Great job preparing yourself on a day you knew would be difficult.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ok seriously Denise. If you keep this up we are gonna need calculators to figure up all your days!!! Ha! 35 days AWESOME!!

Hey Midwest and fabl!!! Great to see you!!
Old 01-02-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Yes 35 days is awesome Denise! Hi Brynn - hope your having a good evening. I am just browsing the SR boards! The January class is really getting big. It's hard to believe we have graduated.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Della my fingers are crossed for you getting the job.
NYC - great idea to hang at B & N and read. Sounds peaceful.
Denise 35 is awesome. You lead we will follow.
Good to see you Midwest and Fabl.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Yes Denise 35 days is amazing, we are following in your footsteps.

Midwest, January class is always big! I honestly only had about 12 non drinking days in December, but I recommitted on the 31st with one reason being I wanted to stay with you guys

Brynn and BBQ, glad to see you too

I'm proud of myself for jogging 2 days in a row, but I've been eating too much and I know it My cousin and his family are in town and we went out to eat last night and a big home meal tonight. No one drinks, so that wasn't a problem. But then again, I'm much more tempted when I'm alone anyway.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

We are so glad you rejoined us Forabetterlife.
Two days in a row jogging is great.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
OX

Thanks for all the employment encouragement everyone! Interview went well and they want me but do I want them? Need more hours than they had available. Don't mind part time work but I like it in chunks not a little bit every day. But they want to go ahead with the process in case something else opens up. So we will see..

NYC Barnes and noble is a great idea. I get lost in bookstores for hours. I'm really glad that some still exist. I see my internet moderation is slipping. Haha. But I have laundry and dishes going so it's all multi task.

I actually got a bit down after the interview because I really thought I'd be somewhere else in my life than mid entry level at sucky jobs. But I guess some gratitude at what I do have should be on order. Life is hard and I made it so much harder with boozahol and drugs. Deep breath time before I think too much.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

BigShoe - you gave come a long way being sober. Perhaps the part-time gig will grow to more or lead to something else. Keep it going.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Fabl...Im glad you stayed with us and I'm even gladder (? Is that even a word?) that you're committed to your sobriety!

Y'all don't know what it means to me to see my classmates here day after day, plugging along with me on this adventure!

A lot of changes going on for me right now. It's officially over with my boyfriend. He broke his wrist in a drunken fight NYE and that was pretty much the end for me. We are just heading in two totally different directions and I've come too far to be drug down again.
And even though I'm the one that's leaving, it's still hard and heartbreaking and it hurts. Everything's a reminder, ya know?

I've been living in a hotel the past few weeks, hoping that we could somehow make it work. Since that didn't happen it's time for me to find a more permanent place to live.
The thought of it stresses me out. I'm afraid there will be confrontations and when he's drinking he can be very nasty. I know I'm doing the right thing, it's just hard. Just wanted to share a little of what's going on with you guys.

Love and hugs to everyone.
xoxo
Old 01-02-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Brynn, I know it's hard and heartbreaking even though it's your choice to make the break you know it's the right thing. It must also feel wonderful to make a choice that is best for you. You have come so far and we are so very proud of you.
You are an inspiration. Thank you.
You may not be feeling it now but you will meet someone that is going your direction and it will be wonderful.
Thank you for making yourself a priority.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks B! I really needed to hear something positive. Thanks so much for your support sister. Much love to you.

Night y'all.
Xoxo
Old 01-02-2015, 09:42 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Tired

I'm dragging my tired buttocks in to say hello!
Tired brains and buttocks make for an interesting fellowship.

14 hours at work, and headed in tomorrow for followup. This entire last year has been one I won't forget, for all the wrong reasons. Still here though, still following through.

I leave you all with a jaunty sentence from my heart loved Dr. Seuss

"You'll miss the best things, if you keep your eyes shut."

So wake up those peeps. Just sit there and see. A deep breath they give to reality.
I added the second line. Hey not bad!

*laughs*
A very merry day, today, dear ones.

Brynn..keep your faith and strength. I am sad for your loss, but you are better then having to live that life.

We all our.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

brynn, I am sorry to hear about your breakup. Time definitely helps.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:20 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

Join us for Part 4 here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D