Notices

Bad relapse

Old 12-22-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm glad Kero and United are both back among the living.

Alcohol is death for me.

I hope that both of you/them find a work a recovery program and stick around here.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I can relate. Relapsed on Friday night until Saturday afternoon. Pain misery regrets and fear this morning . Thankful to be starting Day 2.

I had three years then moved to a new city and released the first month. I've been struggling off and on for the 10 months trying to get my recovery back on solid ground. I know where it leads and have been three before . Scared I won't be able to get back before something really bad happens.

Praying every day for willingness and freedom from self.

Found Sober a Recovery yesterday and this is my first post. Glad I'm here. Hoping this will help .
Old 12-22-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome Freeat! This is a great place. I'm feeling pretty low now but I would have never been able to stay sober a month without the support here. I relapsed but I'm back.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

After many tries at quitting for good, I know how you feel. just have to make today a sober day and get back on track. Good luck and don't give up.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Congratulations on your insight and coming here. May I ask you a question? And its not a rhetorical one, I would really like to know. Didn't you have anyone to call? Meetings in my area give a list of people to call when they don't have a sponsor
Old 12-22-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome back!

I've learned that if I were to have a drink today, it would take about 3 days to get sober. That's because the hangover and withdrawal is ugly enough that I try to taper my way back to sobriety. Physically that's about a 3 day process for me. Mentally and Spiritually it's much longer.

I know a guy that drank and it took him 6 months to get sober again. Some never make it back.

Learn from this experience.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Turtle82 View Post
Congratulations on your insight and coming here. May I ask you a question? And its not a rhetorical one, I would really like to know. Didn't you have anyone to call? Meetings in my area give a list of people to call when they don't have a sponsor
AA just wasn't a good fit for me to be honest. Great group of people, but just not what I need. What I need is to bring a tablet and set up some anonymous access from work. Had I spent 5-10 minutes here I probably would have been ok.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

No point beating yourself up!!

Change your plan, something new to create new results and go at things again!!

You can do this Kero!!