OT: Pickle Jars and.....

Old 12-22-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You're never going to have a bear catch you by surprise by running across your bedspread at 4 a.m.

or climbing the wall behind your head!

uncertainty, THAT is truly a classic holiday tale! one you can retell for years and years! perhaps after some intensive therapy!
I also am rather shocked at your language, young lady! LOL
Old 12-22-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think it's safe to say, that neither DS or I were meant to live in climates that allow bugs to grow to that size or larger.

Oh, you made my day with that story!!! Yeah, don't come south. I miss the lack of giant spiders in Alaska. We had one here last summer that... well, I couldn't find the bug killing spray, so I grabbed the closest thing, a can of hairspray. Sprayed the blasted thing for 30 seconds till I thought it would be sticking to the floor. No way. It just basically said "thanks for fixing my hairdo" and ran off.

I may or may not have suggested burning the house then, too. I'm not generally afraid of bugs, but when they're the size of rodents, they need to either pay rent or die.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

long ago (1982??) I moved into my own apartment, kitchen table, 2 chairs, rocking chair with a cooler for a table, and a mattress. oh and the 2 new phone books just delivered! so one day I see something moving across the floor - it was a monster wolf spider, they resemble tarantulas. with obvious limited resources, I picked up the two phone books and plunked them down on top of the damn thing.

every time i'd pass thru the room i'd step ON the phone book stack, I believe I actually invented step aerobics!

I gave him a full week and figured that by NOW he had to be deceased, right? I gingerly lifted the books and took many steps back. and waited. and the damn thing slowly unsquished itself, straightening out and reinflating and then kept going in the exact same direction he had been!

I said ok, pal, truce. you can have THAT side of the room, i'll take this side!!!!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

And that, my friends, is how the idea of zombies came to be...
Old 12-22-2014, 11:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

This is how I deal with critters. It's a running joke between my best friend and me.
Attached Images
Old 12-23-2014, 12:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
my X-husband had raccoons in his attic..
Racoons sound very exotic. We have rats and possums over here. My sister lived in an upmarket suburb and the local animal controller named his business 'The Possum Man'. She had to call him in once because of rats. He told her that almost all his call-outs were actually for rats, but nobody wanted a van with 'The Rat Man' parked outside their house!
Old 12-23-2014, 12:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

The raccoons here are the size of pit bulls and they aren't scared of anything. I hate them. Those beady eyes and claws. Ugh. No thanks.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

LOL this thread has given me a good laugh! Thanks to everyone for sharing their funny stories!
Old 12-23-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

remember the story of the Field mouse at our House.. seems he had family or friends in the tree .. cats pointed out today that my fav Dresser in living room has guests. hahahahahha I said to Mrs Tilly have you been giving them food from your hard cat food bowl Yes she said.. looking right at me.. put your ear near the side of the dresser and that tiny scarchting sound is heard hahahaha.. booo. will have to pull it out from corner slowly and cover and mouse bait it. for kill area.. boo. found the dresser on the street and pulled pushed and dragged it home just like the one my sister and I shared in the 50's... just EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK