Notices

Staying sober, added bonus weightloss

Old 12-21-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Staying sober, added bonus weightloss

Today is my 24th day staying away from the bottle i.e. sober. I have lost 22lbs by not changing anything or trying which is a great bonus and motivator as well. I do walk a couple of times a week but I did that while drinking as well.To be honest I eat more now than before and have full cream ice cream a couple of times a week. So to me it is a miracle. I am a man, tall 6,2 and overweight by about 40lbs so half way there. During my 30year drinking roller coaster tried to lose weight and it was bloody hard due to drinking all those empty calories. I was reducing calories or avoiding a certain food group but still drinking alcohol. No wonder I never got where I wanted to. I can hear my body thanking me for what I am doing now and everything starting to settle to normal, brain and body...
So if you have pounds/kilos to lose and an addiction to lose its a double whammy..Another good reason to ditch the poison.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Yup, same thing here. I don't know if it was the empty calories or just that so much alcohol threw my body chemistry off. Congratulations on your successes!!!
Old 12-21-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on 24 days sober SM thats fantastic
Old 12-21-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That's a great accomplishment sydneyman. We're proud of you.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great work! Best wishes for continued success.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great Job Sydneyman so proud of you

Old 12-21-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey sydneyman-Congrats on the 24 days!

22 lbs is amazing!!! I think this is the most weight that I've personally heard anybody losing in such a short amount of time. If this keeps up, make sure you grab onto something solid during the windy days. Seriously though, that's an amazing amount of weight in such a short period. Just knowing that you'd most likely put it back on by drinking again is a great motivator indeed.

Lusher
Old 12-21-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 24 days! Losing 22 lbs is great but to be honest...it worries me a little that you lost 22 lbs in 24 days. Maybe just check with your doctor just to be safe. But seriously, congrats on 24 days! Happy Holidays!
Old 12-21-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am seeing my GP after xmas. I feel fine, blood pressure is fine. I think it could be a lot of fluid.. I used to drink 2-3 bottles of wine a day for decades so taking that in to comsideration I am not surprised that I am getting rid of water as well in my body.. It has been a steady 5lbs loss a week more in the beginning... Thanks for caring. Good day SR community. You are the best!
Old 12-21-2014, 10:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sydneyman View Post
I am seeing my GP after xmas. I feel fine, blood pressure is fine. I think it could be a lot of fluid.. I used to drink 2-3 bottles of wine a day for decades so taking that in to comsideration I am not surprised that I am getting rid of water as well in my body.. It has been a steady 5lbs loss a week more in the beginning... Thanks for caring. Good day SR community. You are the best!
Good! I'm glad you are taking such good care of yourself. You're worth it!!!