Notices

I am so much stronger than all of you!!!

Old 12-20-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome back!
Old 12-20-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome Back Betterlife1,
So I’m thinking this time around I may give AA a shot. Always wanted to do it on my own, but I may need some additional support. As always, thanks for listening!!
In the program, we start each meeting with "How it works" Chapter 5 of the Big Book, that we tried to find a "Softer, gentler way". There are no shortcuts and we will never be able to drink normally again...ever. AA has worked for me. It is a very personal program, and I admire you for getting back on track and giving it a shot. I'm just over 200 days sober today, and I could not have done it without working the steps and attending meetings. Baby steps, but the result is incredible. I will fall asleep sober, and peaceful tonight, and wake up early, very grateful for another day sober. It gets better and better. I wish you the best, we cannot do it alone. Post here often.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome Back Betterlife1,
So I’m thinking this time around I may give AA a shot. Always wanted to do it on my own, but I may need some additional support. As always, thanks for listening!!
In the program, we start each meeting with "How it works" Chapter 5 of the Big Book, that we tried to find a "Softer, gentler way". There are no shortcuts and we will never be able to drink normally again...ever. AA has worked for me. It is a very personal program, and I admire you for getting back on track and giving it a shot. I'm just over 200 days sober today, and I could not have done it without working the steps and attending meetings. Baby steps, but the result is incredible. I will fall asleep sober, and peaceful tonight, and wake up early, very grateful for another day sober. It gets better and better. I wish you the best, we cannot do it alone. Post here often.

Last edited by BlueSkiesAhead; 12-20-2014 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Posted twice????
Old 12-20-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

That's a brave and honest post at the beginning of this thread Betterlife1. I'm glad that you did not find yourself terminally unique. All the best to you.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Glad you're here!

Many of us suffered from terminal uniqueness before the light turned on. It's the start of hope, coming to the realization that with regards to alcohol for us we all share a common problem.

We are all special, however with a variety of gifts.

Welcome back!!!

FlyN
Old 12-20-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

Originally Posted by Hawks View Post

Anyway doesn't matter anymore, I got 99 problems but a drink ain't one
rofl I love this
Old 12-20-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you for your post, betterlife. I have also gone down that road before but, as you said, it always leads to the same place. I've come to realize that it's not about being better or stronger but rather accepting and finding ways to stay sober. Your post truly helped me this evening, so thank you again!
Old 12-20-2014, 11:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I am brand new here. Like 30 minutes brand new. I realized that I was an alcoholic about 90 minutes ago (I suppose I realized this several months ago but accepted it about 90 minutes ago).

I came to this site by chance and accident. Your post was really helpful because I'm pretty sure that someday I'd write this too. The truth is that, right now, I do think I'm stronger than anyone else that drinks all the time, and that I don't need to do anything but get my **** together by myself and just maintain better. Just exercise some discipline. I also thought that nobody else would feel this way if they drank too much. If you drink too much, you would then know that you needed some help.

Knowing that you were of this view and that you were wrong, is really helpful.

Thank you. I'm not sure what I'll do next. I don't feel like I want to "stop drinking" but I don't want to hurt people in my life and I don't want to ever hit "rock bottom." You helped me realize some things about my current approach to avoiding that.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

posted in error
Old 12-21-2014, 12:37 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Welcome back. This is one of the greatest posts ever. You got this!
Old 12-21-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I think we have all gone through this line of thinking. Glad you havefigured it out and are back!
Old 12-21-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

W e l c o m e back!
Old 12-21-2014, 03:57 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

W e l c o m e back!