Notices

Something Changed in the Last 50 Days To Help Me

Old 12-19-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Something Changed in the Last 50 Days To Help Me

It's so weird. I have close to 50 days, and I rarely get cravings anymore.

About several months ago, I could not make it more than 3 or 4 days - I thought I was doomed or something. On my drives home from work, I got those strong urges for a beer and would cave in, go to the liquor store, and drink it at home. They just kept on coming right when I thought I could get better, and then I was back to square 0.

Today, not only do I have close to 50 days, but I just don't get those cravings anymore. It is truly wonderful when I think about it. They have just disappeared.

I really don't know what has changed. I guess once we make it past a certain time, the cravings just go away. Very weird.

I will say this, however. I have gained about 15 pounds in the last couple months, so maybe I have helped the cravings by eating more and giving in to that temptation, which I used to diligently watch. Who knows!
Old 12-19-2014, 11:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your progress

D
Old 12-19-2014, 11:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 50 days! The cravings will continue to get better the longer you don't drink and it sounds like that's already happening. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justbreathe1980 View Post

About several months ago, I could not make it more than 3 or 4 days - I thought I was doomed or something. On my drives home from work, I got those strong urges for a beer and would cave in, go to the liquor store, and drink it at home. They just kept on coming right when I thought I could get better, and then I was back to square 0.

Today, not only do I have close to 50 days, but I just don't get those cravings anymore. It is truly wonderful when I think about it. They have just disappeared.

I really don't know what has changed. I guess once we make it past a certain time, the cravings just go away. Very weird.

I will say this, however. I have gained about 15 pounds in the last couple months, so maybe I have helped the cravings by eating more and giving in to that temptation, which I used to diligently watch. Who knows!
Old 12-20-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 50 days! That is awesome!

Eating is a huge deterrent from drinking for me too. One thing at a time is what I always say. Our goal is balance of course but sobriety needs to come first, in my opinion.

Great to hear that the cravings have dissipated.. I look forward to that!
Old 12-20-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

congratulations
Old 12-20-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

good job
Old 12-20-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job on your fifty days JB!

I found the cravings went away too and never came back.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good job. Just reading "beer after work" literally sent shivers down my side into my stomach. I'm only on day 2. I'm like you were, I never seem to make it past 3 or 4 days. I plan to have a post of my own like this somewhere down the road. Stay strong, I know I'm trying to.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WillLess View Post
Good job. Just reading "beer after work" literally sent shivers down my side into my stomach. I'm only on day 2. I'm like you were, I never seem to make it past 3 or 4 days. I plan to have a post of my own like this somewhere down the road. Stay strong, I know I'm trying to.
You can do it. Hang in there. I don't go to a lot of AA meetings, but in the beginning they really helped me. I know that I need to go to more, though, for maintenance.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow. Its like reading a page out of my own book. Lasting 3-4 days. Thinking of beer on the way home. That is so me. Today I'm at day 21. The cravings have subsided somewhat. Overall about 60% less cravings. Pretty good .

Only once was I craving so bad that I was extremely depressed and was stressed out and cried.

Luckily I'm on antabuse and didn't cave in :-)

Congratulations on your 50 days !

Old 12-21-2014, 02:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wow. Its like reading a page out of my own book. Lasting 3-4 days. Thinking of beer on the way home. That is so me. Today I'm at day 21. The cravings have subsided somewhat. Overall about 60% less cravings. Pretty good .

Only once was I craving so bad that I was extremely depressed and was stressed out and cried.

Luckily I'm on antabuse and didn't cave in :-)

Congratulations on your 50 days !